We had a lovely four night stay in the Adirondack Motel on Lake Flower. We enjoyed a pretty view in a second floor efficiency apartment (with a small balcony) over looking the water. The apartment was well stocked beyond what I anticipated-including wine glasses, corkscrew and all cooking utensils needed. The owners are friendly, attentive as needed and full of good recommendations for small trips in the area and good places to eat. We walked into town most days to try the restaurants-- Driving only to our planned outings around the area-visiting Lake Placid, canoeing on Lower Saranac, climbing Whiteface Mountain and hiking trails near there and Cascade Mountain. It was nice to wind down in the evening sitting in Adirondack chairs by the lake. Nice freshly baked muffins each morning. Free use of kayaks and canoes were provided! My fiancé and I took out the kayaks to explore the lake which meanders into a stream before emptying into a larger lake. (Only later did we realize we took the kayaks a bit too far out of site of the motel-our fault-the rules are printed clearly on the boathouse door. Sorry!) We heard and saw a loon on the lake. That made my day! Expect a nice pace of life there......we settled into it quickly. Wish we didn't live so far away.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of everything Adirondack. Fish, ski, hike, paddle, swim or just relax. At the edge of Saranac Lake and only 7 miles from Lake Placid. Motel rooms, lakefront Boathouse efficiencies and large Cottage suites. Motor boat rentals available. Free moorage for your boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Adirondack Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adirondack Motel Saranac Lake, New York
- Adirondack Hotel Saranac Lake