“Definitely a "Go-To" Accommodation in Saranac Lake in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Sara-Placid Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Saranac Lake
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The service was the absolute best. Gorgeous views of Saranac Lake from my window. Steve, the manager (and owner?) rendered excellent care. He even checked the level of oil in my car !!! Excellent cleanliness and well-keeping. An overall pleasure to stay in, a great experience. Will definitely make this my "go-to" accommodation next time I visit Saranac Lake!!!

Saranac Lake itself is a gorgeous village, in the breathtaking Adirondacks of the Upstate New York. I ate at a place called Little Italy, which I found to serve very authentic and excellent Italian food, as well as at an Asian buffet place which included a very comprehensive menu. Can't wait to return to Saranac Lake, hopefully in the fall of 2012!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Deepak S
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
That's very nice of you to take the time and post a review. I enjoyed have you as our guest and hope that we meet again. Steve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed in room 14 from the 12th - 15th July 2012. This place was fabulous. I read many of the outstanding reviews, but it was still better than expected! Steve was a pleasure and very helpful. The rooms were wonderful. Location outstanding. We will definitely be back. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Talk with Steve before booking and you cannot go wrong. He is a dream!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank venicerules
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you very much for the perfect review. We hope to have you both stay with us again. Steve/Owner
Johnson City, NY
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed here on the weekend as my daughter had orientation at Paul Smith's College. I had called late the same afternoon and was thrilled to find a room as area was quite busy. The owner Steve handled my reservation and was very accommodating. He gave me a wonderful room that had a small kitchenette. When we arrived, very late almost midnight, it was quiet and peaceful. When we entered the room I was thrilled. This is the first hotel I have stayed at in a long time where I was not scared to have the comforter touch me! The carpeting in the room looked brand new, bedding was impeccably clean, and the bathroom was spotless. I felt as though I had walked into a home, not a hotel. It was great. There was a coffee maker as well and a/s unit was brand new and quiet. We had stayed on our last trip directly across the pond at the Best Western for more money, and it did not hold a candle to the cleanliness and charm of this hotel. If you need a room for overnight or while touring area this is your best bet! Thank you for a superb stay! We hope to be back on all of our overnight trips during my daughter's upcoming years at Paul Smith's!

Room Tip: Most restaurants close early so be sure to eat before 8pm!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GMRRI203
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time and providing a review of our property. It was also nice to read your possitive comments of the Sara-Placid Motor Inn. Hopefully your family will stay with us again in the near future. Steve
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this motel. Our room was one of the largest available with two queen beds and lots of space. The walls were fairly thick because we could not hear our neighbors. Steve was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Inmycar
, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time writing a review on our property. We were happy to read your possitive comments and hope to see you again in the near future. Steve
Waterford, CT USA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was an older 1950s type motor lodge. Seems well maintained, reasonably clean, and a decent value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again. Steve
Bath, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I just stayed at this wonderful property last night. The owner, Steve let us stay at the Lake house and we had a great stay. Sara Placid Motor Inn has very reasonable rates and the owners go out of their way to make sure you have a relaxing and worry free stay. The room at the lake had two bedrooms, a kitchen, a large bathroom and a living room with two couches. The view from the dining room was superb. There was a dock and a tandem adirondack chair which was a nice place to watch the sunset. If you are looking for a fair price a nice clean room and very friendly owners look no further. I am bringing my wife with me on Labor Day weekend and I cant wait.

Room Tip: The Lake house is great, the water is calming and the view is outstanding.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rhondas248
, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you very much for your fine comments about our lakefront cottage. We look forward to your next visit. Steve/Owner
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Located on the Saranac Lake , this motel is far away from all the hustle and bustle of Lake placid .which is about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. We Stayed 3 nights and paid equivalent of what we would have paid for 1 night at some of the Chains. The Owner upgraded us to a room with Kitchenette without asking for an extra charge (Thank you).

The room was Spacious and had all the amenities in a standard room. I would highly recommend this place to budget minded travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 9 in Saranac Lake
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid

Been to Sara-Placid Motor Inn? Share your experiences!