“Sara Placid gets one of my few great reviews”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Sara-Placid Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Saranac Lake
Reviewed 23 July 2008

As a pilot, I am in hotels 20 days out of the month. I rarely review cause thats just too much work. This place stands out. The view and location are great. I stayed in a fully equiped fishing cottage and tried out the roadside motel part on my last day. The owner went well out of his way to make us comfortable. Everything is clean and comfortable. He even let us use a couple of his Kayaks on the room. Restaurants and groceries nearby. A very neighborly feel about the whole deal.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank captgary
There are newer reviews for Sara-Placid Motor Inn

Reviewed 4 July 2008

A private (not chain) motel with comfortable beds, sizable rooms, quiet, next to a restaurant that provides breakfast and lunch. The owner, Steve, takes an avid interest in his guests comfort.

We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 December 2007

I wish to extend our grateful thanks to Steve, the owner of the Sara-Placid Motor Inn. Not only did he provide immaculate, spacious, reasonably-priced accommodations for us , he lent us his own tools and workshop to try to fix the broken Harley which had stranded us in Saranac Lake. We stayed for two nights with Steve's gracious hospitality until a tow-truck arrived. The 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom condo units we used were spotless and had quiet country views. We'd recommend this place to anyone - and have!!!

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank afragilebalance
Reviewed 17 September 2007

Our stay in the jacuzzi suite at the Sara-Placid was very enjoyable. The room was very clean, cozy and spacious. The jacuzzi was a perfect compliment to the suite. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds ever! Overall a great place to stay and highly recommended!!

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank NWM0916
Reviewed 28 August 2007

This was the fifth property we have stayed at in Saranac Lake, NY in the last ten years and definitely the best of them. The room was spotlessly clean, had a very comfortable bed, and came equiped with a microwave and frige. The gounds are very pleasant and well cared for. The atmosphere was quiet and restful. There are several restaurants within a short walk and a very nice breakfast place, McKensie's, next door.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank jbel48
Reviewed 28 July 2006

My friend and I were traveling around the East Coast for 25 days. We stayed in a lot of different hotels and motels. One of the best ones was Sara-Placid Motor Inn at Saranac Lake. The room was very spacious,clean, and with all the items you need.
The view from the rooms is beautiful. Specially at nigth, when you can sit outside, with a full moon, that reflect on the lake. Very romantic !
The place is very quiet , and is near the road though.
There is a cozy restaurant across the motel to have a wonderful breakfast.
I recommend this hotel if you are on this route.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank Cande
A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 April 2006

my first stay at the saraplacid inn was in the spring of 1981. My familly and I were so impressed ,we have returned time and time again.
I have always been impressed with the staff,the friendly service and home like feel of the place.
The view from any angle is breath taking and there is lots to do and see..
my children are grown now and I find myself
humbled by the stories and memories they share about our vacations there.
They now plan those trips and vacations for their family.

B Small

Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Adirondack Motel
Adirondack Motel
#2 of 9 in Saranac Lake

Been to Sara-Placid Motor Inn? Share your experiences!