SaraPlacid Inn & Suites
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$79
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Best Western Saranac Lake(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$99
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$141
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

The Point(Saranac Lake)
US$1,863
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$2,500/night.

The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$373
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$482/night.

Lake Placid Lodge(Lake Placid)
US$869
US$776
Adirondack Motel(Saranac Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lake Flower Inn(Saranac Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewshave stayed here many timesadirondack chairsgazebolakestove
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were canoeing in a wilderness area. We planned 5 nights of camping, but a monster rain storm was too much for our tent. We decided to return a day early. It was Friday in a resort area in late June--- stay where? After paddling 16 miles in rainy weather, we got back to our car and cell phones. Best Western was full, but they gave us the # to this place. They had plenty of hot water, which was most important to us. It was clean and in the same league with the Best western where we had stayed before heading out in the canoes. The beds were comfortable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: After arriving, we found out that this place has many different types of rooms. If I return to this area, the room choices may cause me to stay here instead of the neighboring Best Western.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank drwayneb
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for your time in providing a review of the Sara-Placid. We hope to see you again in the near future. Steve/Owner

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I took a weekend road trip to Lake Placid in August and stayed at the Sara-Placid Motor Inn. We started our trip in up-state PA. and headed toward Lake Placid, stopping at Old Forge, NY. (great little town) along the way. We had no reservations for lodging and were lucky enough to get a room at the Sara-Placid Motor Inn after finding out the area was hosting a huge rugby tournament that weekend. We were impresses with the cleanliness of our room as well as the neatness in which the grounds were kept. The town was peaceful and quiet and just a short drive from Lake Placid. We had beautiful weather to visit the Adirondacks and would not hesitate to stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and providing a review of the Sara-Placid. Glad that you were pleased with your stay and hope to see you again. Steve/Owner

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Saranac Lake and the Adirondack Mountains in Northern New York State are heaven on earth to begin with. The Sara-Placid Motor Inn in Saranac Lake is in turn its own joy to stay at up there in Paradise. It is perhaps the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. The owner Steve is so friendly, he once even helped me charge up my car battery! The town is SO safe, peaceful, quiet, and beautiful! The motel itself has rooms which face a beautiful gazebo and GORGEOUS Lake Flower itself. I will not hesitate to stay at this spot every time I go up to Saranac Lake to "get away from it all," perhaps once a year.

Room Tip: (I accidentally checked restaurant, which the motel does not have one of (as far as I know) - but the remainder of the review is accurate. However, I did eat at this fabulous place called Little Italy in downtown Saranac Lake. The town seems to have no shortage of good Italian restaurants. )
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Glad you enjoyed your stay and for providing the nice review. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Steve

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I recently enjoyed a very pleasant stay at this motel. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it. On a value scale, I would actually rate it a 3.5 stars then adjust by price. At $100 per room, I think it is 4 stars. At $125+, I think it is 3 stars. What confuses me is the number of 5 star reviews for this motel. It was a nice stay, but it is not 5 stars.

The Room: Very clean and well maintained. Flat screen TV with cable and HBO. Very slow changing channels, but its hard to blame that on the motel. Comfortable beds. Average bedding. Rooms were roomy and not cramped. We didn't use the kitchen so I have no view on that. Quiet. No noise through the walls. 4 stars on the room.

The Bathroom: Very hot water, which is always a plus. The bathroom was clean but small, and showing some wear. Still, I didn't feel grossed out at all. Good shower pressure. Hot water started to go on my shower, but it held long enough. 3 stars, or perhaps slightly less on the bath.

Location: A short ride to Lake Placid and various outdoor activities. Easy parking. We did not observe the local lake or explore Saranac Lake. I saw local fast food and enjoyed the Dunkin Donuts a minute away from the motel. We ate in other towns, so I don't know about local food options.

The Bad: Shampoo came in cheap plastic squeeze packets and smelled awful (I actually noticed the smell on a friend's hair). Very cheapy. I don't understand how anyone can rate a facility 5 stars with squeeze packet shampoos. Towels were also very cheapy. They were Motel 6 quality. Again, I don't know how you can rate a place 5 stars with such cheap towels. I think the owner should upgrade the shampoo to bottles. Even a modest towel upgrade would make a difference.

Overall, I had a very nice stay and would recommend the place. It is not 5 stars through. Bring your own shampoo.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. Your suggestion that I should spend a little more and purchase bottle shampoo will be implemented as soon as my current supply is gone. The towels that we use meet the requirement for AAA three diamond properties. I wish that you would have shown me your towels while you were here. I will keep a eye open to make sure all towels in our inventory are top of the line. Steve/Owner

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here again this year with another couple and Steve (owner) was helpful again. The rooms were clean and fresh smelling. There were plenty of towels etc. for our use. There is a nice restaurant near by that is good for breakfast and lunch. We had dinner at Cascade Inn in Lake Placid (good meals).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thanks for another nice review of the Sara-Placid. We look forward to your next visit. Steve/Owner.