“Nice Motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Sara-Placid Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Saranac Lake
Minot, North Dakota
“Nice Motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in later in the evening and had a good night sleep.
The place is clean and has a good access.
The water Doesn't run hot in the rooms closest to the office for a while so leave it run 5 minutes before you need it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Sara-Placid, with exception of having to wait for the hot water to arrive. Sorry that I didn't tell you that it could take a little while for the hot water, if you were the first person to draw it. Hopefully, it really didn't take five minutes. Steve/Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Saranac Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are a family of 5 and stayed at Camp Sunset ( a part of Sara-Placid Motor Inn). It had all the conveniences of being at home (washer/dryer, full kitchen and bath) BUT BETTER because every morning and every night we got to look out over Lake Flower. Clean, very accomodating staff and friendly place to stay. Didn't want to leave!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you very much for your comments on Camp Sunset. Our entire staff enjoyed visiting with your family, for the seven weeks. You have most well behaved children. Steve & Linda.
Villanova, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were canoeing in a wilderness area. We planned 5 nights of camping, but a monster rain storm was too much for our tent. We decided to return a day early. It was Friday in a resort area in late June--- stay where? After paddling 16 miles in rainy weather, we got back to our car and cell phones. Best Western was full, but they gave us the # to this place. They had plenty of hot water, which was most important to us. It was clean and in the same league with the Best western where we had stayed before heading out in the canoes. The beds were comfortable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: After arriving, we found out that this place has many different types of rooms. If I return to this...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank drwayneb
Thanks for your time in providing a review of the Sara-Placid. We hope to see you again in the near future. Steve/Owner
Souderton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I took a weekend road trip to Lake Placid in August and stayed at the Sara-Placid Motor Inn. We started our trip in up-state PA. and headed toward Lake Placid, stopping at Old Forge, NY. (great little town) along the way. We had no reservations for lodging and were lucky enough to get a room at the Sara-Placid Motor Inn after finding out the area was hosting a huge rugby tournament that weekend. We were impresses with the cleanliness of our room as well as the neatness in which the grounds were kept. The town was peaceful and quiet and just a short drive from Lake Placid. We had beautiful weather to visit the Adirondacks and would not hesitate to stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing a review of the Sara-Placid. Glad that you were pleased with your stay and hope to see you again. Steve/Owner
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Saranac Lake and the Adirondack Mountains in Northern New York State are heaven on earth to begin with. The Sara-Placid Motor Inn in Saranac Lake is in turn its own joy to stay at up there in Paradise. It is perhaps the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. The owner Steve is so friendly, he once even helped me charge up my car battery! The town is SO safe, peaceful, quiet, and beautiful! The motel itself has rooms which face a beautiful gazebo and GORGEOUS Lake Flower itself. I will not hesitate to stay at this spot every time I go up to Saranac Lake to "get away from it all," perhaps once a year.

Room Tip: (I accidentally checked restaurant, which the motel does not have one of (as far as I know) - but th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Glad you enjoyed your stay and for providing the nice review. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Steve
Woodmere, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I recently enjoyed a very pleasant stay at this motel. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it. On a value scale, I would actually rate it a 3.5 stars then adjust by price. At $100 per room, I think it is 4 stars. At $125+, I think it is 3 stars. What confuses me is the number of 5 star reviews for this motel. It was a nice stay, but it is not 5 stars.

The Room: Very clean and well maintained. Flat screen TV with cable and HBO. Very slow changing channels, but its hard to blame that on the motel. Comfortable beds. Average bedding. Rooms were roomy and not cramped. We didn't use the kitchen so I have no view on that. Quiet. No noise through the walls. 4 stars on the room.

The Bathroom: Very hot water, which is always a plus. The bathroom was clean but small, and showing some wear. Still, I didn't feel grossed out at all. Good shower pressure. Hot water started to go on my shower, but it held long enough. 3 stars, or perhaps slightly less on the bath.

Location: A short ride to Lake Placid and various outdoor activities. Easy parking. We did not observe the local lake or explore Saranac Lake. I saw local fast food and enjoyed the Dunkin Donuts a minute away from the motel. We ate in other towns, so I don't know about local food options.

The Bad: Shampoo came in cheap plastic squeeze packets and smelled awful (I actually noticed the smell on a friend's hair). Very cheapy. I don't understand how anyone can rate a facility 5 stars with squeeze packet shampoos. Towels were also very cheapy. They were Motel 6 quality. Again, I don't know how you can rate a place 5 stars with such cheap towels. I think the owner should upgrade the shampoo to bottles. Even a modest towel upgrade would make a difference.

Overall, I had a very nice stay and would recommend the place. It is not 5 stars through. Bring your own shampoo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your review and comments. Your suggestion that I should spend a little more and purchase bottle shampoo will be implemented as soon as my current supply is gone. The towels that we use meet the requirement for AAA three diamond properties. I wish that you would have shown me your towels while you were here. I will keep a eye open to make sure all towels in our inventory are top of the line. Steve/Owner
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here again this year with another couple and Steve (owner) was helpful again. The rooms were clean and fresh smelling. There were plenty of towels etc. for our use. There is a nice restaurant near by that is good for breakfast and lunch. We had dinner at Cascade Inn in Lake Placid (good meals).

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks for another nice review of the Sara-Placid. We look forward to your next visit. Steve/Owner.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saranac Lake
#28 of 31 in Lake Placid
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid

Been to Sara-Placid Motor Inn? Share your experiences!