“Great lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our table enjoyed nachos, jalapeño cheddar soup, burgers to order & Swiss slawlom. We also had Cajun fries, sweet potato fries & onion rings. Everything was excellent. Atmosphere was nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant & will come back again.

There are newer reviews for Downhill Grill

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Here in the town I live, SLK, this great eatery moved over from LP. It's nicely located on Main Street. I love the food, the staff you know from around town, and it has a nice bar crowd. How lucky am I ?

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I toured New England for the two weeks September 23rd to 7th October 2013 to view the fall foliage. We travelled from Boston up to Bar Harbor, across to the White Mountains, down through Vermont, the Adirondacks and onto the Berkshire Hills. We selected our accommodation and eating places from Trip Adviser Reviews. We have reviewed each of the hotels, motels and bed and breakfast places that we stayed in and also many of the places we ate and drank in along the way. If you would like to view our reviews for the rest of the places on this trip click on my screen name on the left.
We ate at the Downhill Grill in Saranac Lake on the 30th September 2013. It is a fairly standard American type restaurant. The service was good and the food was nicely cooked and reasonably priced. We had spicy chicken wings for starters. These were supposedly “medium hot”, but were quite hot. I had a beef salad for a main and it was very nice, my wife had a steak and salad. Both main dishes were quite large and we both felt quite full leaving the restaurant.
If we came this way again we would eat here again.
Good Points: Friendly and efficient service, good portions and well cooked food.
Negative Points None.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This restaurant is probably the best in town. When you walk in, you can see it is informal dining, but it has a pleasing ambience. Our group of 6 were easily seated, and the hostess was very accomodating. The menu was quite varied, offering a selection for just about any type of palette. We were craving Mexican food and were very happy to be served an excellent quality dish of enchiladas, rice and beans. Nothing average about this dish -- quite tasty.

Overall, we enjoyed our experience here and would recommend it.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Grill was recommended by our B & B hosts, and met their description and our expectations.
We arrived on a Saturday night, so were required to wait for about 20 minutes, which was no hardship. The menu is varied with a small but decent wine list. Service is friendly and prices are reasonable. We dined well and left satisfied.

1  Thank Albin U