“R.I.P”

Ranked #31 of 37 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi has set the standard of Chinese cuisine in the North Country. Our restaurant offers great Chinese and American fares in a buffet-style setting. We also feature freshly made sushi and hibachi dishes to please any palate. Our food is of the highest standards with no MSG.
Lake Placid, New York
“R.I.P”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We are locals.Sometimes go for dinner,the last experience was Mach 2 Sun. Nothing was fresh! Its been HORRIBLE lately every time we're there,the food sits there for days,maybe even weeks,When I was finished with my meal there was plenty of soup left in my bowl and food on my plate..one bite of everything ..it was all bad! I put napkins over all of it,like a "RIP" I went to the Salad bar to see if there was something for me to eat,because its $50 for us three (not worth) I over heard the lady screaming in the kitchen,someone put towels over the food! like what do they do with the unfinished food comes to my mind...hummm just gross! Will Never return!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Deb E
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your comments - we certainly want to know when our guests do not enjoy our restaurant. I take your input seriously and will be addressing your comments. As a restaurant owner, I strive to ensure our guests are treated as if they were entering our home. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you will return - soon!

Lake Placid, New York
“Good food, servers and atmosphere were the problem”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We eat there several times a year, but recently our experience was bad enough that we may not return. Winter Carnival makes things busy, but that is no excuse. The food was good, though it was hard to get crab legs. They weren't replenished regularly and quantities were low. Also, servers were screaming at each other in Chinese. This happened when we got there and several times throughout our "dining" experience. Literally screaming to each other across the dining room, so unprofessional. There were some large families with very unruly children. They were loud, too! The restaurant can't do much about that, but when the families left, they brushed all the food onto the floor and there was a lot of it. Gross!! Clearly, the dining room staff were the problem.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Angela R
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for your comments - we really appreciate them. Additionally, we apologize for the uncharacteristic behavior of our employees. We strive to welcome our guests in friendly environment and it is unfortunate that we did not live up to our standard during your visit. Again, please accept our apologies and we hope that you do chose to visit us again.
Canada
“great food”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice restaurant very modern and clean over looks the lake .It must be nice in the summer, I went in the late fall, while I was eating there were some deer by the lake that was a great view. The food is good, I love the splash guards, never seen anything like them in buffets before.I will go back.money wise very good deal.

• Visited November 2013
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi. We appreciate the time you took to share your great experience at our restaurant and we hope that you return to see us on your next visit to Saranac Lake! Happy Holidays!
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good choice for Chinese food”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

If you like the concept if endless choices in a Chinese buffet - you will like this place. Tens of Chinese dishes, some are mediocre but others are excellent; small selection of ok sushi; lots of side dishes and deserts, and good service, all at reasonable prices ($12.99 for adults, 7.99-9.99 for kids).

• Visited August 2013
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant! We appreciate your comment as we thrive to offer great Chinese dishes in a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere. We hope you visit us again should you come back to our beautiful region.
Tupper Lake, New York
“Good food with lots of choices”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a buffet style restaurant with a wide variety of choices with an emphasis on asian cuisine. The food is generally tasty and not too spicy, unless you want spice! The service is very good.

• Visited April 2013
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant and also for taking the time to write a review! We hope you visit us again when you are in Saranac Lake!