“Fallen star without fresh food and few choices despite the full price!”

Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #31 of 36 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi has set the standard of Chinese cuisine in the North Country. Our restaurant offers great Chinese and American fares in a buffet-style setting. We also feature freshly made sushi and hibachi dishes to please any palate. Our food is of the highest standards with no MSG.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've been in this buffet and several other of the Asian Grill Buffets in Canton and Potsdam, and usually as long as you're there for dinnertime you will get freshly made food. NOT the story here on a Sunday afternoon at what should have been prime time. We weren't the only folks in the place, but less than a third of the items were fresh...even appeared to have been made that day. Too many main items looked like they were left from previous day, and many we tasted were just really old and cold. The tables were not steaming like they used to, and even after more than a dozen other people came in it didn't change, as we hung a bit longer to see if crab legs or other shrimp dishes would be dumped and refreshed. Only items that were finished were being refreshed, and sadly several of the freshest were not up to normal grade - ie coconut shrimp. Egg rolls, fried shrimp, and steak all were so hard you couldn't begin to enjoy them. This is always the biggest risk with a buffet - food cost too high to start fresh everyday, even when its the only logical way to run a business. I didn't see the owner, Linda, on site so perhaps that had some effect. But clearly this place has not seemed as busy when we've gone by, and now we will only be able to go on by when in the area.

3  Thank mdkadk

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I really enjoyed my experience in Saranac lake and will defiantly be going back to the restuarant. They might have had some special event because food was good.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I don't normally go to buffet style restaurants, but this one was at walking distance from our hotel. Large and bright place, wide variety of food, but poor presentation and greasy food. Service was efficient, but not very friendly. Finally I settled for rice and shrimps and it was ok for the price. Would't go back.

2  Thank drojean
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We are locals.Sometimes go for dinner,the last experience was Mach 2 Sun. Nothing was fresh! Its been HORRIBLE lately every time we're there,the food sits there for days,maybe even weeks,When I was finished with my meal there was plenty of soup left in my bowl and food on my plate..one bite of everything ..it was all bad! I put napkins over all of it,like a "RIP" I went to the Salad bar to see if there was something for me to eat,because its $50 for us three (not worth) I over heard the lady screaming in the kitchen,someone put towels over the food! like what do they do with the unfinished food comes to my mind...hummm just gross! Will Never return!

3  Thank Deb E
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your comments - we certainly want to know when our guests do not enjoy our restaurant. I take your input seriously and will be addressing your comments. As a restaurant owner, I strive to ensure our guests are treated as if they were entering our home. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you will return - soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We eat there several times a year, but recently our experience was bad enough that we may not return. Winter Carnival makes things busy, but that is no excuse. The food was good, though it was hard to get crab legs. They weren't replenished regularly and quantities were low. Also, servers were screaming at each other in Chinese. This happened when we got there and several times throughout our "dining" experience. Literally screaming to each other across the dining room, so unprofessional. There were some large families with very unruly children. They were loud, too! The restaurant can't do much about that, but when the families left, they brushed all the food onto the floor and there was a lot of it. Gross!! Clearly, the dining room staff were the problem.

1  Thank Angela R
Linda Z, Owner at Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for your comments - we really appreciate them. Additionally, we apologize for the uncharacteristic behavior of our employees. We strive to welcome our guests in friendly environment and it is unfortunate that we did not live up to our standard during your visit. Again, please accept our apologies and we hope that you do chose to visit us again.