“Who asks for their tip TWICE?!”

Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #30 of 36 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi has set the standard of Chinese cuisine in the North Country. Our restaurant offers great Chinese and American fares in a buffet-style setting. We also feature freshly made sushi and hibachi dishes to please any palate. Our food is of the highest standards with no MSG.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A couple co-workers and I decided to go out for lunch. We get our bill, I hand the woman my card, and she comes back with the copy I have to sign. I signed and put a line through the tip because I had enough cash for my tip. The woman takes the receipt, walks maybe ten feet away, comes back and asks me, "where's my tip?" Shocked I said I was leaving it in cash when we left, because at this point we are still sitting at the table eating. I stand up to put my jacket on, and start reaching for my purse on the table when she comes back AGAIN and says, "where's the cash for my tip?" At this point I had had enough, I have not even left my table and already asked where her tip was twice, needless to say I did not end up tipping her (my co-workers already had five dollars.) The rudest service I had ever had!!!!

2  Thank Alyssa R

Reviewed 3 July 2014

absolutely the worst food outside of a CICI's I've ever had! The stuff on the buffet looked old the sushi bar was dirty and the sashimi was old. They had an offering of ipswitch clams that looked like hepatitis city. It is way too expensive for what you get. The only think that looked safe enough to eat here was the fruit and the ice cream. Stay away. Get anything else.

1  Thank NewYorkBighawk68
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We often have to drive through Saranac Lake to get to Lake Placid. My father seems to adore Chinese buffet so we have stopped here a couple of times. After the last experience I will NEVER eat here again!! The first problem? The food off the buffet was cold. COLD!!! How that is possible I will never know. Also, unless it's very busy they don't refill items. It's as if they want to you pick through whatever is left before they make anything fresh. We were there for 30-45 min and they never refilled the chicken wings, rice or lo mein. The rice and the lo mein also had no meat in them at all. The rice was literally clumps of yellowish looking rice with peas and carrots mixed in. The food was probably the worst Chinese food I have ever had in my life. So, in conclusion, if you want cold, poorly cooked, bland Chinese food but tons of it, go to this restaurant. If you want food that TASTES good and is HOT go anywhere else. So say this place is horrible is an understatement.........

3  Thank starchild22222
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've been in this buffet and several other of the Asian Grill Buffets in Canton and Potsdam, and usually as long as you're there for dinnertime you will get freshly made food. NOT the story here on a Sunday afternoon at what should have been prime time. We weren't the only folks in the place, but less than a third of the items were fresh...even appeared to have been made that day. Too many main items looked like they were left from previous day, and many we tasted were just really old and cold. The tables were not steaming like they used to, and even after more than a dozen other people came in it didn't change, as we hung a bit longer to see if crab legs or other shrimp dishes would be dumped and refreshed. Only items that were finished were being refreshed, and sadly several of the freshest were not up to normal grade - ie coconut shrimp. Egg rolls, fried shrimp, and steak all were so hard you couldn't begin to enjoy them. This is always the biggest risk with a buffet - food cost too high to start fresh everyday, even when its the only logical way to run a business. I didn't see the owner, Linda, on site so perhaps that had some effect. But clearly this place has not seemed as busy when we've gone by, and now we will only be able to go on by when in the area.

3  Thank mdkadk
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I really enjoyed my experience in Saranac lake and will defiantly be going back to the restuarant. They might have had some special event because food was good.