“Corner NY deli in Saranac Lake”
Review of Lakeview Deli

Lakeview Deli
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good food for a decent price. Located right in downtown Saranac Lake with tables inside for dining the sandwiches were tasty and the service great!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went for lunch recently and while our food was good, it was nothing special. It was busy and very difficult to figure out who was next or to whom the person behind the counter was talking. After several obviously frequent customers took advantage of our hesitation, we got bolder and were able to place our orders with a very nice young man. Our sandwiches were made to order and certainly filled our stomachs, but the next time we are in Saranac, we won't stop in.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stopped in with a group for lunch. They were very busy so it was about a 5 minute wait, big deal! Food was fresh, service was great, many choices. Just a great deli! It would be tough to beat almost anywhere!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Called in an order at 11:15 today for 7 lunches - a substantial order. Very rude response - annoyed because they'd already delivered to the same business (different department - how would we know?) We were told it would be an hour. That's quite a wait, but okay. After an hour and a half, we called back and were told, "We're VERY busy ... you should send someone to pick it up." We did that, and when they got back with our order at 1:30, my lunch was missing! It had been well over 2 hours, they didn't deliver, and we were all starving. Two of the sandwiches looked like they'd been thrown in or sat on. I was extremely embarrassed, because four of the lunches were for out-of-town guests, and I wanted to treat them well. We would probably have been placing orders every day this week, but they'll never see us again. I ended up running out to another place, which is where I'll go from now on. The Deli's food is good, but not worth the price, hassle OR attitude.

LakeviewDeli, Owner at Lakeview Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I apologize for your dissatisfaction in our performance. Our free delivery service to your area always leaves at 11:00 AM; we deliver to the other side of town after 12:00. Receiving a call from you after 12:00 for a delivery was going to be a challenge for us on the best of days. I, with good intentions, tried to get my delivery vehicle to abort their regular schedule to accommodate yours. As they say, sometimes good intentions bring on bad results. We appreciate your willingness to drive in to pick up your order. As to the quality of the food and service, I the owner, prepared the order myself. Reviewing the majority of positive reviews about our quality and service, I apologize for being off my game. Planning ahead for an important meeting is always a good idea. Had we known the day before, I could have certainly put on an extra car and driver and presented the food on our catering dishes rather than brown bag style. We are sorry to lose you as a customer and can only hope we will regain your loyalty. We will continue delivery to your place of business at 11:00 providing for your co-workers. In the mean time, Saranac Lake has many wonderful options for food service. We are happy to hear the bad and the good reviews. It helps keep us on our toes. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have ordered sandwiches here before going out on the lake for the day.
Never disappointed. Used them in the past to cater for functions (none ours) and they came thru with flying colors.