“Great menu choices - something different in Saranac Lake”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Since 1996, a casual place to relax, grab a snack or meal any time of the day or night. Traditional coffee bar,beer and wine and alcohol, specialty baked goods and cheeses. Unique menus & specials. Saranac Lakes best kept secret for evening meals!
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived, but was pleasantly surprised by the menu! Lots of interesting options (especially in the "bowls" section) and food generally seemed on the healthier side. We were also surprised to see they had a fairly decent beer selection (although bottles only). If I lived in the area I'd be going back for sure!

1  Thank schoencm

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great food, nice crowd. I love Sunday breakfast here. Good coffee and the local newspapers, too. Fresh local baked goodies you won't find anywhere else, enjoy !

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was "the place" to have breakfast in town on a Sunday morning. Of course, it was one of two breakfast spots open in town! We waited to be served for at least 10 minutes, and then another 15 minutes before our breakfast was served. Very short-staffed for the number of people in the restaurant. However, the quality of the food and there was a good amount of it. The coffee bar was self-serve which, given the level of service, was an excellent idea.

If we were in a hurry, we'd probably forego this restaurant. But overall, we were satisfied.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I went to meet my parents here with my husband recently, because my dad says it's the best Reuben outside of NYC. I did not try it, but the food overall was fantastic. Fresh, homemade bread and pastries, buffalo dip appetizer with crumbled bleu cheese, and my chicken/shrimp chimichurri were all great! Try the lemon blackberry cake warmed up. SO good.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I would say average breakfast. Tried a couple times. They have typical hometown breakfast; eggs, toast, pancakes,etc basic breakfast. A lot of breakfast places in town to choose from!