The poolside room was very clean. It was simple without luxuries, but that's expected. It was a comfortable size, though. We requested a microwave, and got one. It was nice to have both the microwave and refrigerator for leftover food!
We definitely enjoyed the free usage of the kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats. There were plenty to use, and we could just grab life jackets, paddles, and go. The staff even told us about an ice cream place we could paddle to and grab dessert.
There were other things to do on the property and nearby - swimming pool, tennis, and basketball courts.
We liked the complimentary coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. It was nice to be able to grab a cup whenever.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They told us about different restaurants in town (Nona Fina's is a MUST GO - delicious and wonderful service) and activities (tandem biking).
The location was perfect. It sat right on the lake which is an advantage over the Best Western across the street. It was within walking distance to a breakfast restaurant across the street. Lake Placid was just about 20 minutes away, and we were able to easily travel there for the day.
We'll definitely return if we can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Adirondack Waterfront Saranac Lake's only GREEN lodging property- Offering waterfront accommodations on Lake Flower In Saranac Lake with access to over 30 miles of Adirondack waterways, including Upper, Middle, and Lower Saranac Lakes. Walk to shopping, dining, galleries, and enjoy our events; including the entertainment in neighboring Lake Placid NY. Only 20 minutes to Whiteface Mountain, where you'll find year round activities! Stay GREEN in the Adirondacks - Rated a Platinum Property by Audubon International's Eco Lodging Program - the highest designation possible, 1 of only 8 in North America. Saranac Lake Inn is committed to a new vision, fresh eco-conscious perspective, attention to detail and style, and a welcoming environment for our guest's from our family owned and operated lodge. Our rooms have been remodeled, redressed, and recycled with the environment in mind! The Adirondacks Recreation Resort Our focus is all about our guest's experience and making Adirondack recreation accessible. We provide a large variety of amenities and perks to help complete your trip; to make it easy for you to try a new activity while on vacation. Kayaks, bicycles, canoes, tennis, snowshoes and ice skating complementary with your stay- Just to name a few! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel Saranac Lake
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Motel
- Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn And Hotel New York