We went to Saranac Lake to see the finish of the 90 mile canoe race that begins in Old Forge Pond and finishes on Lake Flower in Saranac Lake. It is a 3 day race. We were recommended to Gauthiers by a local gentleman outside of a convenient store/gas station at about 8:30 in the evening. We had no idea where lodgings were located, so we took his word for it. It was a very good decision. The room was clean and comfortable. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. There was a very nice restaurant across the st (McKenzies) and there was free coffee at the motel office from 7am until ?? We were able to take coffee onto the lakefront property of the motel, sit on ADK chairs and watch the canoes race by into the channel that led to the finish line. We did go into town to see more of the 260 canoes finish. It was a great day in the Adirondacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Adirondack Waterfront Saranac Lake's only GREEN lodging property- Offering waterfront accommodations on Lake Flower In Saranac Lake with access to over 30 miles of Adirondack waterways, including Upper, Middle, and Lower Saranac Lakes. Walk to shopping, dining, galleries, and enjoy our events; including the entertainment in neighboring Lake Placid NY. Only 20 minutes to Whiteface Mountain, where you'll find year round activities! Stay GREEN in the Adirondacks - Rated a Platinum Property by Audubon International's Eco Lodging Program - the highest designation possible, 1 of only 8 in North America. Saranac Lake Inn is committed to a new vision, fresh eco-conscious perspective, attention to detail and style, and a welcoming environment for our guest's from our family owned and operated lodge. Our rooms have been remodeled, redressed, and recycled with the environment in mind! The Adirondacks Recreation Resort Our focus is all about our guest's experience and making Adirondack recreation accessible. We provide a large variety of amenities and perks to help complete your trip; to make it easy for you to try a new activity while on vacation. Kayaks, bicycles, canoes, tennis, snowshoes and ice skating complementary with your stay- Just to name a few! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel Saranac Lake
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Motel
- Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn And Hotel New York