“Comfort in Saranac Lake”

Best Western Saranac Lake
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Saranac Lake
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Two couples used this hotel on New Years Eve to take advantage of cross country skiing and the Frist Night Activities at Saranac Lake. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful. We did not have time to use the heated pool, but it looked inviting. We have used this hotel before and would consider it again and we'll keep in mind that this is a tourist area and weekend rates a higher than midweek.... especially for seniors.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I stayed here with a number of friends having spent the previous 32+ hours running a 200 mile relay between Saratoga Springs and Lake Placid (in the rain) - so, admittedly, my gauge for comfort might have been a little off (any bed is great after all that time in a van).

The lobby and rooms were clean and comfortable (the rooms were surprisingly large). The desk staff were helpful and knowledgeable. All 6 of our rooms were close together, which is nice. I know that a number of other teams were there at the same time, so it was likely a bit "tetris" like to get all groups near each other. The hotel is a little far out of town if you plan on spending a lot of time in Lake Placid, but we drove back into Lake Placid for dinner and it wasn't too bad. We didn't try the pool area, but it looked decent.

I left behind my e-reader and, after calling about it, it was quickly tracked down and sent to me (although I have my credit information to cover the cost of shipping, it was never charged).

If I were in the area, I would likely stay here again, especially if I were hiking etc. and not planning on spending all day in Lake Placid (in which case, I'd prefer a hotel within walking distance).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2012

As I am used to more upscale hotel chains I didn't have too many hopes for this one.
I was wrong, it had all the facilities, services, room size, cleanliness, sleep quality, location,..., ..., as any other hotel, the prices in the east coast are crazy, on the other hand you get mote than what you would get in a best western located in places where you would pay 100$ for a room +/-

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The moment we approached the counter we were rudely acknowledged. When I asked if it was possible to get a ground floor room the reply was incredibly rude. Then came the confrontational manner in which the gentleman dealt with us when we inquired about the confirmed rate change. This man was so rude that I wanted to check out and go to another hotel. I finally resolved to speak to the manager about this employee and we went ahead to the room. I was completely shocked to find out the next day that the incredibly rude person that checked us into the hotel was the owner! One of the best hotel management schools in the nation is just a few miles away, perhaps a few lessons in customer service would improve this hotel's guest experiences and revenue.

As we approached the room there were dirty linens outside of our door. The linens remained there for a day and a half. The room furnishings were comfortable, but cleanliness was lacking. Certainly not worth the nightly rate.

The location of the hotel was ideal for us. The view of the neighboring lake was magnificent!

We were there to lay to rest my Grandmother and Father and will definitely return to the area again. I won't be staying at this location though.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MW007
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This hotel was clean, comfortable, and located only 25 minutes from Lake Placid. There are many restaurants and activities within walking distance. If you're hiking in the mountains, it's a great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MMSS
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Vacationed in my former hometown with the family and this hotel was a great choice. There's only 2 floors which makes it easy for trips to the car, restaurants next doors, etc. The rooms were clean and modern with flat screen tvs. Another bonus is that the windows slide open and have screens which makes for great sleeping with the cool adirondack air flowing in. The staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice and clean. The free wi-fi was also a great addition. Will definitely stay here on future trips to the beautiful adirondacks!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dcu82
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is not on the lake, however, it is directly across the street from the lake. The pool was very nice and it also had an outdoor deck. The room was very clean and spacious. They actually disinfect the TV remote and put it in a sack-like bag. I was a little surprised that there were not more toiletries in the bathroom. All we had was lotion. But, truthfully, we probably could have asked for more. They have fresh apples at the check in desk, which are locally picked and they were free for the taking. Adjacent to the property there is a little pond and there are some chairs and swings....very relaxing. Also, right next to the property is a terrific Mexican restaurant...Casa Del Sol. Truly the best Mexican food that I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Adirondack Motel
Adirondack Motel
#2 of 9 in Saranac Lake

Been to Best Western Saranac Lake? Share your experiences!