“Clean and Comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Albany, NY
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night for business. At first I was disappointed because my room was on the second floor near the meeting rooms, a loud vending machine, and right over the driveway. I was exhausted and was afraid the location would be noisy. But it was very quiet - once I closed the door, I couldn't hear the vending machine at all.

The beds and covers were cozy, the bathroom counter was large, and the fridge and microwave were convenient. My one complaint about the room was that it was too hot, and I get cold easily. I set the temperature to 65, and I was still hot. During the night the temperature setting rose to a reading of 71. The temperature outside was in the 50s, so the hotel is definitely losing money in over heating.

Unlike other Hampton Inns I've been in, the breakfast room(s) were plenty big to handle the crowds. Breakfast itself had lots of choices, including hot oatmeal not from a packet. The area consists of several rooms with choices of tables, arm chairs or couches. There is a fireplace and some big TVs. The area is very cozy and comfortable - I hung out there for a couple of hours while waiting for a meeting. The only problem is that they played music in the area the whole evening, often annoying pop music. Why do places feel they need to have music playing all the time? With music, and people talking, and a football game on TV, the sound got to be too much.

The covered parking is a benefit in bad weather, but several people commented on the maze to get in. You need a room key AND a parking permit, a room key to get to the elevator, and then the elevator to the lobby to get back up to your room.

The location is in downtown Saratoga, an easy walk to shops and restaurants. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
hstraughter, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our breakfast area. We tried to make it comfortable and cozy for our guests to enjoy! We will look into the heating issues you mentioned. Thank you for pointing it out to us. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns and hands down this one was the nicest one I've ever stayed in. Great service, excellent location, and the manager was AWESOME! I will stay here without a doubt any time I am near to be near Saratoga Springs. I think my favorite part was I didn't need to drive anywhere. Shops, restaurants and parks are easily accessible. A great place to stay for business.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
We are thrilled that you had such a positive stay with us and in our city! Saratoga Springs is such a gem and we are proud to be a part of the vibrant community! We look forward to seeing you again!
New York
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I had a great weekend staying at Hampton Inn. I was in Saratoga on business attending a conference. My room on the 6th floor was very large and nicely appointed. They even supplied facial cleansing clothes and a lap board for a book or laptop. Comfortable chairs and good lighting. Clean. Staff was also very acomodating. My safe wasslocked and I needed someone to come and open it for me. They were at the door within 5 minutes. The gym had plenty of eqiuipment and all of it was clean and working. I did not use the pool or hot tub but they looked nice. Included breakfast was very generous and delicious. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We try to make every guest's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible! We hope you can enjoy our pool area during your next stay with us!
NJ
Reviewed 29 October 2012

this hotel was perfect for our quick overnight trip
It is close to town, it was clean, and there was a fabulous farmers
market right down the street on Saturday morning.
Although a little pricey for a Hampton Inn we would come back.
The staff was very accomadating as we had to leave a day early
due to an impending hurricane.
I would recommend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is not by the street........we heard noises on the street until about midnight...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
hstraughter, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for recommending us!
Mechanicville, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed here for our daughter's wedding. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel staff were very accomodating and the hotel is beautiful. It is conviently located to everything in Saratoga. Walking distance to the wonderful downtown. The complimentary breakfast was superb. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Will stay again!!! Rooms were very clean and well appointed. This is the best Hampton Inn that we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
We are so happy you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed Saratoga Springs! We look forward to your return visit!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is perfectly located two blocks from the main street in Saratoga Springs; it's an easy stroll up the small hill to the shops and restaurants. The room was quiet, spacious and clean, no bath, just a shower in the bathrooom however so we couldn't bathe our baby. Check in was friendly and efficient, parking easy, and the managers reception offered free drinks each evening.

The public area/lobby etc. are spacious and clean. Breakfast was adequate. Major negative - very slow elevators!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am sorry to hear the elevators were running so slowly. We hope you were able to enjoy our lovely downtown and that you will stay with us again.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed here on business ink October 2012. The front desk was very efficient checking us in and the rooms were very clean. I'd stay here again. The pool and exercise room looked great but I didn't use those facilities. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel might be quieter and to avoid the lawn maintenance guys at 5 or...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing us for your business stay! We are happy you had a pleasant time and we look forward to seeing you again!