“Beautiful room, walking distance to downtown bars/restaurants”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Beautiful room, walking distance to downtown bars/restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way back to Rochester, NY from our wedding in Vermont. It was the perfect stopping point between the two places. The room was huge and very comfortable, with a large living room, a balcony with a view and a big comfy bed! Our only regret is not booking the room for two nights!

Room Tip: I used my AAA membership to upgrade to a room with a balcony and it was totally worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Saratoga is the perfect stopping point for driving to and from many locations....but you have to make a few days out of it! We are so happy that you enjoyed your room and we cannot wait to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is an outstanding property. Great location, excellent facilities and top notch staff. Couldn't have been happier with our stay. Admittedly, it was not inexpensive as we stayed during the racing season but you get what you pay for. I love Saratoga and would not consider staying anywhere else but here when visiting. The absolute best!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend a room on an upper floor facing the front of the hotel. Balconies are...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review! Yes, the racing season is an experience and we are happy to be in the center of town and walking distance to everything. We will see you again soon!
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We are Hilton Honor Diamond members so stayed in many Hilton related hotels. This is by far the best so far. Location can't be better as it is right in the center of the city. One block away from Sperry's and Mrs. London Bakery. Love the decor and wooden floor. The room we were in was large and comfortable. It even had make up mirror on the wall. Many breakfast selections were offered including fat free greek yogurt and dried blueberries for oatmeal. Didn't get the chance to use the gym or pool. If we ever come back here, definitely will stay at this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your pictures!
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was on a business trip, and wound up checking in at 10pm and leaving the next morning by 7:30am. So I certainly didn’t have lots of time to explore the facility or take advantage of everything, but this hotel was so extremely nice I feel compelled to post about it. First of all, I was upgraded to a suite which was undoubtedly larger than the apartment I lived in for 10 years (but I’m not bitter!) Everything in the room was top notch - well laid out, attractive, clean and comfortable. There were loads of amenities and nice little touches and my room had a small balcony. Even the room identification signage in the corridor was fun. The lobby was spacious and nice and the dining area had plenty of seating and a complimentary breakfast - with a big selection of actual food! Everything just seems very well thought out and executed.

My only complaint would be the air vent in the ceiling of my room was extremely dirty and you could see the filter was coated in thick, fuzzy dust. Not what an allergy sufferer like me wants to see! (so I took my bar of soap home – we’re even now). I would stay here again without question and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for writing such a detailed review on your stay with us! We are so happy you enjoyed yourself and will return. I wanted to let you know that the overhead vents in the suites have a special filter that has an almost "fuzzy" appearance. I believe it is because they need to cover a larger area in the ceiling versus the wall and a typical paper filter would not suffice. Filters are changed regularly here! We look forward to seeing you again!!
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Once again our stay at the Hampton Inn was perfect! Joe and the rest of the gang really made us feel at home! The service is outstanding and the welcome drinks and cocktail receptions make it even better! Such a great spot! We look forward to going back every race season !

• Stayed July 2013
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will be back to see us again!!
Upper Brookville, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have stayed at the Gideon Putnam and the Adelphi all lovely hotels but have abandoned all the pomp and circumstance because I love this hotel so much and for years have not wanted to tell anyone about it because it is so hard to get a reservation during the races and I have been hiding this gem... I don't give 5 stars out easily and I have stayed in the most amazing hotels but this little old Hampton inn is just that good! We all know the Hampton Chain is an affordable, business oriented, hot breakfast, no Bar type of place and they do that like nobody else. But this place is just one of my favorites! It is spotless...the beds are divine...the staff is rock solid out on their own...they have a trolley that takes you right to the race track...it is located within walking distance to all restaurants and pubs...it has a jammin' little Irish Pub across the street and they now have a restaurant / Bar. Attached that comes in very handy. I could say that I love it so much because I love Saratoga every August but it just has that something extra...cleanliness and a truly efficient staff. I beg anyone reading this to not go there...please don't go...I wish I hadn't told you! If you are not a serious punter for the races please stay away...please...forget I wrote this review at all!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
You are so kind with your review....and thanks for letting the secret out! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is property is about five years old and is probably the best Hampton Inn out of many we have stayed in. The entire staff is well trained and nice as can be. Rooms, as well as entire, facility is quite nice, Breakfasts are the Hampton usual but in a nice space. It is well located in downtown Saratoga Springs two short blocks form Broadway which is the main street of this appealing small city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
We love your review and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay enough to write about it! Thank you and we will hopefully see you again soon!