“Not expecting such a beautiful place!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newbury Park, California
“Not expecting such a beautiful place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here as a group overnight for a wedding and wished we were staying longer! The hotel is gorgeous, and walking distance to everything good about Saratoga. The rooms are so comfortable, the beds are amazing, and the fact that bedding is cleaned before each new arrival is evident. The staff was helpful, especially when dealing with multiple check-ins for our party. If I get a chance, I will be back for more than a night!

Room Tip: If you travel in summer, there are balcony rooms overlooking downtown.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ktso
Dan D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We would love to have you back for more than a night. The town has so much to offer, we have no doubt you would enjoy an extended visit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Westchester, NY
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just one look around the lobby, tells you, that clearly you are somewhere very special. We love this hotel, which is within walking distance of world class shopping and eateries. Saratoga Springs is such an elegant place.I addition Saratoga has two horse race tracks, a casino and many spas. They also have the greatest weather being perched in the Adirondacks Mts. Relax & Enjoy.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem wonderful. Some rooms even have balconies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Calvins5
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and the community. Saratoga Springs is a very special place, and we love being a part of such a beautiful city. I am glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer and hope that you will come and visit again very soon.
new york
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I spent one night here while attending a conference up the street at the Hilton. I then checked into the Hilton the next day only for convenience to my conference. I think this hotel is nicer, newer and much cleaner. The Hampton included breakfast and it is excellent (hilton didnt include breakfast). Quiet, clean, close to shopping. Great stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelgeek3
Dan D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were here for a night, and also that you enjoyed your breakfast. Our Food staff works extremely hard to provide guests with an enjoyable experience and I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Hopefully you can stay with us again soon.
Speculator, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was ok but..... the air filter in the air conditioning unit was filthy. I did not get my rewards discount and housekeeping just placed clean towels in our room on our second night and on arrival they had "sticky notes" on the headboards which was very tacky, really not classy at all!!!! The pool & Jacuzzi were very clean. Our breakfast was very good so all in all it was just ok for the rate I was expecting better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable, I have discussed the situation with our housekeeping and maintenance teams so they may take the appropriate action. The sticky notes are part of a global Hampton program so that guests are aware of our dedication to a clean and fresh room no matter what location they are visiting. I am glad you enjoyed our pool area and breakfast, and will be sure that the others issues are addressed immediately.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Hampton Inn in Saratoga Springs, NY is in many respects a delightful surprise. The rooms are very large, with a kitchenette, a small but fully utilizable bathroom and great closet space. The linens are changed daily, as are the duvet coverings and the rooms are pristine. The location is great, within walking distance of town, the Saratoga Springs Center, etc. The only downside is that it does not provide such services as a restaurant or room service. Bellman service is sparse. There is a pool and garage space. Breakfast is included and it is ample.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Charles M
I would like to thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the location of our hotel. Although we don’t have a restaurant directly in the hotel, we are associated with Jacob & Anthony’s just to the right of our main entrance, which will also provide delivery service if needed. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to give them a try the next time you visit us.
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed in Hampton Inn this past weekend. It is really nice. My room was spacious and very clean. The free breakfast was excellent. Outside of normal breakfast hours they have a free tea/coffee/fruit station set up on the first floor. You can sip some tea sitting in a comfy chair any time you want. The pool looked good and not at all crowded but did not have time to go in.

As an example of an excellent service, the hotel personnel tracked me down in a breakfast area and told me to go to front desk to retrieve the Photo Id I had accidentally dropped the previous night. And I did not even know it was missing.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. If no unforeseen circumstances arise, I expect to be back there in June of 2015.

Tip: They have their own garage. No need to park in a lot across the street.

Room Tip: Tip:: I would recommend against paying extra for balcony. The view from the balcony is sort of ho-hu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ashdown4
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially happy that you took advantage of your coffee and lobby area. It is wonderful to see and hear about guests enjoying that space. Our breakfast staff will also be glad to hear that you enjoyed their offerings in the morning. We look forward to having you as our guest again next year.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

To find a Hampton Inn located in the center of all the activity is a little unusual but wonderful. This hotel surpasses all the expectations of a Hampton Inn. The level of this Hampton Inn is certainly a few stops above ones you will find off the highway. Breakfast included extras like local fresh fruit, amenities included an attached free parking garage, and the decor was more upscale then a other properties and very well themed for the area. I like sitting and eating breakfast with all of horse decor. Staff was very nice - I would not say they go out of there way but are very friendly. So when you see the price and think - for a Hampton? - rethink. This property is certainly on par with Hilton's more expensive hotels. And from what I saw (and we walked over fourteen miles in three days) the far best Hilton property in town. Everything is very well taken care of and clean. And the location. Well that is what made me book here. And it certainly did not disappoint on that factor nor any other. Wow. Well worth every penny.

Room Tip: The trip from the garage down the hall to the elevator then back down the hall can be long... howeve...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ManyMilesStill2Go
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed everything our great town has to offer. 14 miles in three days must have taken you all over city. I am sorry to hear our staff did not go above and beyond for you, we will certainly be going over ways that we can improve as we want our guests to feel what Hamptonality means with every stay. Hopefully we will have you as our guest again very soon!