“Beautiful, clean, friendly, overall amazing”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Beautiful, clean, friendly, overall amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed here twice, actually - in November 2009 for my own wedding, and in July 2010 when my brother got married. Needless to say, we had great experiences both times. In the fall of 2009, they were so so accommodating to our large guest list, and throughout the process I worked quite a lot with Amy, and she is fantastic. Everyone there was, really!

The first thing that strikes you when you walk in is just how HAPPY the hotel looks - truly! It is painted with bright, warm colors, and the staff is incredibly inviting as well.

Cleanliness - these rooms are beautiful, and spotless. OH, AND they are quite comfortable. I stayed in the large suite for my wedding, and a slightly smaller room for July 2010 - both were in great condition. All the rooms that my family and friends stayed in were impeccable as well.

Friendliness - all of the staff are BEYOND accommodating to the guests. You really feel very welcomed there.

Service - 100%. I could give about 50 examples, but here's a great one - when my family returned to the hotel in July, there were welcome baskets for my immediate family. How often do you get that kind of service? Even without the baskets, they took such good care of us each time, making us feel like more than just clients, but closer to family.

The breakfast buffet - incredible. Seriously.

Location - perfect. Right off the main street, near shops, restaurants.

I love this place, it is truly a gem. I cannot say enough good about the staff there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Pontotoc, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

By far the nicest Hampton I've ever stayed at. I always choose Hampton or Hilton because of the comfort, style and cleaniness. This is an amazing facility. I chose well.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2010

The staff is wonderful -- they listen to, and meet or exceed, our needs. They are always helpful, friendly and provide superb customer service. The rooms are extremely comfortable. Breakfast is great, and the breakfast eating area is warm and inviting. The hotel's close proximity to downtown is wonderful - an easy walk of two blocks brings you to the main street of town. We love staying here and feel that we are truly valued as guests!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

My wife and I traveled to Saratoga Springs to attend a wedding on December 11. The wedding party had reserved rooms at the Hampton Inn. We were amazed by all aspectsof the facility; the great location, the rooms, the amenities, convenient parking, toutstanding breakfast offered and the entire staff.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

I really loved how this hotel looked inside, first of all- such a great design and decor. I spent a nice afternoon reading by the fire in the great room. Service was great, and the front desk people were as knowledgable and friendly as any four star hotel I've been to. I actually prefer the breakfast buffet to a sit down restaurant hotel breakfast in general, and this one was very nice. I had waffles with fresh berries and bananas for breakfast.

The location was great- I highly reccommend it for a girls getaway. We ate at a couple of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, which is right off the main street. They have a lot of great shopping and nice dress shops. We visted a couple local art galleries as well. We went to the Roosevelt Baths and Spa for mineral bath and massage. We also drove about 5 miles to the Whistling Kettle Tea Room, where we had a fabulous lunch and tea.

Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

From the moment of check-in to check-out this hotel exceeded my expectations. Staff were helpful, breakfast better than most other "included", location perfect. This is the first review I've ever written; and I'm doing it because the hotel deserves so much praise. The facilities are very well designed, at the level of a full Hilton or Marriott hotel with Arts & Crafts touches throughout. Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

My husband, young son and I stayed at this hotel at the last minute with no prior reservations and got one of the last two rooms. We weren't disappointed with what we were offered- we had a very nice king room with a balcony. If the weather were a bit warmer we would have used it, although the view was only of the street and parking lots- not too interesting. The bathroom was very spacious with a large shower (no tub) and the room and bed were comfortable. This hotel is obviously new and is much nicer inside than we expected. The hotel is located slightly off the main road (Broadway) but is within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants downtown. The hotel has a pool and hot tub, but we didn't use them (forgot our bathing suits!) . The room had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The rate of $199 a night included parking, full breakfast, and also internet access. This is prime leaf-peeping season, so we expected that the rates would be on the high side. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family