“Adelphi Hotel is closed for renovations”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Adelphi Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saratoga Springs
Adelphi Hotel
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Yonkers, New York, United States
“Adelphi Hotel is closed for renovations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

FYI, this hotel has new owners and is closed for renovations. Have never stayed in the hotel, but loved their lobby and drinks in their garden. I heard that the garden will be enclosed as a conservatory by the new owners. Always wanted to stay there, maybe when renovations are finished!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Not you average cookie cutter hotel. Interesting nooks and crannies thorughout. Rooms are comfortable, not luxurious but that is not why you stay here. Especially enjoyed cokctails in the back garden and on the second floor terrace. Also great location!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mike K
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I have spent a few weeks here every summer for the past few years, and always enjoy my stay. A classic Victorian hotel with real furniture and antiques, no press-board here.

I understand they've recently been sold (May 2012), I'm hoping things remain the same, this is clearly a hotel that survives on returning guests.

The pool is wonderful in the summer btw.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Matt J
Hamden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed here this past summer with my 6 year old daughter and my 70 something year old father and we LOVED it! The staff is so nice and helpful and really went out of there way to make our stay special. The room we had was amazing to say the very least. We had a balcony off the front that was great for relaxing and watching the people. The breakfast was really good, a great variety of fresh fruit and backed goods. My daughters favorite place was the beautiful pool. I will look forward to an other visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank C R
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was our second time to Saratoga Springs for a gateaway and we had vowed last time if we came back we would stay at the Adelphi Hotel and we did! Charming, grand, it dominates the landscape of downtown Saratoga Springs. It is historically significant and just a grand old lady. It is about to undergo a major renovation and I would say, not a minute too soon. There were many features that I found charming but a more demanding guest might not. The linens were tired and while I love vintage, some of this was just worn out and frankly, a bit musty. We met the new owners and they are filled with great enthusiasm about restoring the hotel. The bar was cozy and intimate and the bartender was a great fan of the hotel and the local community. The lobby is gracious and well-appointed. Should we make it back to Saratoga, we would most definitely stay here again, just to see what they do to freshener her up!

Room Tip: Try to stay on the back of the hotel. We were on the side, towards the front and there was music at...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori569
New Paltz, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

The Adelphi is located in the center of Broadway and is very convenient to many restaurants and shops.It is a magnificent hotel which is about one hundred and forty years old.The decor is Victorian and many accessories are original. It has a very early phone booth and an elevator which requires an operator.
Our room was beautifully decorated;but was slightly small because we could only get a twin bed as the hotel was almost 100% booked. Nevertheless,we were very comfortable.
The hotel staff was very polite and very accommodating.Every detail was meticulously attended to immediately.The plumbing is ancient and there was a small problem with drainage but was immediately addressed.
There is a beautiful bar with outdoor seating in a beautifully landscaped environment which has the same ambiance as the rest of the town There is a real focus on outdoor dining and the entire town is meticulously maintained.
The racetrack and The Saratoga Performing Arts Center are in close proximity along with a wonderful museum in the park.
This is by far one of the most relaxing,historical vacation spots that we have ever visited and we return annually. We already asked to be notified when the Adelphi will book for next year.

Room Tip: book at least four months in advance and book a queen bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alan g
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

My review last year ("Been going for ages...the tradition continues") reflected the fact that the Adelphi is one of my favorite hotels anywhere. Although I tend toward locales that avoid change, change seems inevitable, often for the worse. I first noticed something amiss when the fabulous bartender who'd been there for years was working only one night of the three we were there. Turndown service was provided only one out of three nights. Then, on the last day of our stay, a sign stated that the Piazza (part of the hotel's public premises) would be closed for a private party from 6 to 8. This is generally the time when and place where guests relax with a drink after a long day at the track. Having been denied access to my usual outdoor spot for a cocktail, I was standing outside the hotel when a man in a suit introduced himself to me saying he was the "new manager". He told me that the hotel was sold to a corporation in April (never a good thing). I learned it will close for renovations in October and will reopen with a restaurant, more bars and larger rooms. Sounds great, no? Maybe for the 1%, not for the 99%. As it was, we paid $265 plus tax per night for the smallest room (full bed). This year, warm quiche was eliminated from the breakfast buffet, as were bagels and cream cheese. I, for one, am not looking forward to additional corporate "improvements". "SAVE THE ADELPHI!!!!"

Room Tip: Check out rooms on website, but expect changes (higher prices) for 2013.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family