“Nice property! Clean Rooms!”
Review of Adirondack Inn

Adirondack Inn
Adirondack Inn
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family has been coming to the Adirondack Inn for about 10 years. The rooms are always clean, and the property is great. There are Gazebos for all to use, as well as BBQ's. There is a great swimming pool, picnic tables, Adirondack chairs. The Inn is close to town, and actually within walking distance of the Price Chopper nearby. A prior reviewer indicated that coffee is not available until 8am...this is true, but since we've been coming here so long, I knew this. We brought our own "instant" coffee, half & half, etc., so at least we could have one morning coffee before the Inn's coffee was available. Oh yes, prior reviewer indicated landscapers mowing on Saturday morning at 8:30am...agree, that was not good!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lady2dids

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have been coming here for the last 10 years for our family reunion and honestly, it needs work. We stayed here for the good price, but the anoter hotel nearby charges the same and it's so much better. The rooms are buggy and have a musky smell to them, the coffee isn't served until 8am on the weekends, and they had landscapers mowing the grass at 8:30am. We like the layout and the location is great but it's not worth staying here when there's another hotel for the same price with better amenities in close proximity.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank jan1genny
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Knowing that some stay for different reasons - and some do not know what to anticipate - I have been organizing a group from the Philadelphia area during track season for 25+ years -- We stayed elsewhere until we heard about the Adirondack Inn 12 years ago and would NEVER change never change again! My group LOVES this place! 2 guys to a room -- YES - it is not a honeymoon spot - but we are treated wonderfully and the price is very reasonable! For the person who made the decision before really checking it out - give it another chance! -- Sorry the desk attendant was rude - we have never had that! Form breakfast / pool /transportation to and from the track -- It is the greatest!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 23 October 2013

With exception of Meg not being around anymore the Adirondack gets better every year. The only compliant I have always had is the the pillows are small and non supportive and not enough of them. Come already! I can't be the only person who thinks this? From the free shuttle tp the track in season to the in season breakfast My Wife and I enjoy this place.Bring a steak as they offer BBQ gas grills to use and we enjoy that better then going to a resturant as people staying here come and visit and say hi like a big family.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank coopervanning
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked a room here and when we pulled up and saw it, we called in the parking lot to cancel immediately. We didn't even go 10 ft deep into the parking lot before we made the decision. The guy working behind the desk was beyond rude. We ended up eating $111.00 for the cost of the room which isn't even my complaint EXCEPT the woman said if we decided to stay there was NO early ck in and that it was going to take a long time to clean the room since the people in the room before us had several dogs with a grossed out look on her face....ummm......EVERY ROOM is pet friendly and you didn't tell me this????? I suffer from severe dog allergies and when I asked what would happen if someone was allergic, the man shrugged his shoulders and had nothing to say. I have 2 words. UNPROFESSIONAL & GRUBBY. Ended up booking a room at the Hilton who checked us in right away. I learned a lesson with this one. Always go there before booking. I would strongly advise you to rethink booking a room here....unless you want to leave sick and be in the presence of a rude & clueless staff. Worst $111.00 buck I ever spent.

Room Tip: TIP - I'd rather sleep in a tent!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 754starfish
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Saratoga Springs during racing season is expensive, no doubt about it. And the motels I've found and liked in the past have all closed- Country Club Motel, The Saratoga Motel- without them, there aren't many from which to choose for rooms under $200 a night. I took a chance on this one, and was happily surprised from the moment I drove in. Conveniently located- right off of Congress, about an 8 minute drive to the track and downtown, and close to the Saratoga train station and the fabulous Shirley's Restaurant; it is quiet, clean, has good-sized rooms, a nice pool, an amazing video library, and features all of the tools the horseplayer needs, right at the front desk. I highly recommend for the horseplayer looking to spend his/her money at the track, not in the hotel/motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank graycf
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I and many umpires attended a weekend at the Inn. As soon as myself and my roommate entered the room it had a STRONG smell in bleach. Within an hour I started to get stuffy. When we return to the room for the evening both of us started to cough and started to feel like flu like symptoms. Neither of us were able to sleep trying to to turn on the fan. We both up all night coughing. Once we went to the fields and talked to other umps, numerous other had said they had the same experience with their rooms. One guy said he had a sign on the wall stated that that had a mold issue. Another said he had mold all around his sink and window. After we went back to the room for lunch we started immediately to cough and immediately got stuffy again. i brought it up to a instructor and he turned to another instructor and said, boy there is another complaint. The grounds are very nice. This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Dave H.

Room Tip: Don't go unless this is fixed
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business