We were at Longfellows for 3 nights for a wedding and reception. From what we could tell the wedding planning was excellent and the reception was even better. The indoor courtyard used for reception is great. It is almost like being outside... but in perfect weather. There is a roof ... so no worry about rain. Many of the people I talked to actually thought we were in a beautiful outdoor courtyard before noticing the roof. Longfellows seemed excellent for the wedding, reception, and reception dinner. Food and drinks we very good and service was excellent. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
The only warnings I would offer about Longfellows would be not to book a King Loft if you need your room to be dark to sleep in the morning. In what I consider a poor design decision there is a skylight over the bed in the King Loft rooms. It looks great at check-in, and you won't even notice it when you go to sleep. However, when the sun comes up... you need to able able to sleep in bright sunlight or hope for clouds. If I could have reached it I would have tried to cover it in some way, but it was just too high. If it were up to me I would have put the skylight over the sofa area and the ceiling fan over the bed, but they did it the opposite way. The loft also means having to go down the stairs to use the bathroom if you happen to get up during the night. If you can sleep through the bright daylight in your face, or if you are happy to get up very early this will be no problem for you.
We would stay at Longfellows again if we needed lodging in Saratoga, but would just book a room without a skylight. We do recommend it, especially for a wedding reception or as a nice place to stay near Saratoga's quaint downtown experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We specialize in making the everyday exceptional; providing outstanding service; and offering an experience you will treasure. Located one mile from the Northway, we are nestled on the countryside just minutes from downtown Saratoga and away from the hustle and bustle. We pride ourselves on offering a relaxing, stress-free environment where we get to know our guests by name. We’ll take care of your dinner reservations, shuttle you to and from town and remember your favorite paper. We offer spacious guest rooms, luxurious lofts and executive suites with numerous amenities to provide all the comforts of home. At our adjacent restaurant, you’ll enjoy award-winning cuisine and a wine list that’s earned Wine Spectator’s recognition for over eight years. Please be advised that menu items and prices are subject to change based on market prices and at Chef's discretion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Longfellows Hotel, Restaurant, and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longfellows Hotel, Restaurant, Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Longfellows Hotel Saratoga Springs