“Don't stay here.”
Review of Turf & Spa Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saratoga Springs
Turf & Spa Motel
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The lady/owner is miserable and needs to remove herself from hotel service and live miserably in a a/c house far away from society. If she is rude and disrespectful don't take it personal she's like that to everyone, you didn't do anything wrong. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Patsfan05478

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I called to make a reservation for 1 night and the lady that answered the phone was EXTREMELY rude!
She cut me off in mid sentance do declare she had nothing available!
All I had said was I needed a room for one night on Friday.

Won't ever try to get a room there again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AGG291
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I come to the Saratoga area every October and I almost always stay here. The room is basic and no frills. It has an outdoor pool which I've never used and a indoor mineral bath which I've always been too chicken to try. Some rooms have a bathroom view of the ancient cemetery in the back. Location can't be beat. Its in a neigborhood section of Broadway but its an easy walk downtown. Seems to be a Ma and Pa operation. The people at the desk are usually a hoot. Look for the cool sign out front.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank tsar811
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The motel is located just a block from downtown, very good rates, very clean, very comfortable and we really enjoyed the on site hot mineral spa. We had a very relaxing time. Maybe we were just lucky weatherwise, but it seemed that there was always a pleasant breeze and we could even open the window to enjoy it. Not all places have that option.

Room Tip: They have charcoal grills available with a nice picnic area for outdoor dining, factor in the nearby...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelley G
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I booked this room several months before our arrival date and requested a crib. When we arrived I was informed they didn't have any and cribs were dangerous for kids at motels. I arrived a day early and requested an additional nights stay. The owner was rude and made a big deal about finding me a room that was available for 2 nights (that night there were only 7 out of 60 rooms occupied!). I thought she would be glad for the buisness but apparently not. Also was rude when I requested 2 room keys. She also informed me that I couldn't leave my child alone and go out (my child is one year old so obviously this would NEVER happen and I am not sure what she was insinuating). We stayed for 2 nights. The continental breakfast was coffee (good) and muffins that had been cut in half, therefore making the cut side very stale. On the day we left, I called to ask if we could have a late check out, which was not accomodated. Check out was at 11 so we hurried up and were leaving. At 11:02 I was moving bags out of room and got a call from the front desk demanding that I turn in my keys. I promptly returned the keys and my husband and I began packing the car. Since we drove here from Wisconsin and have a baby, it took some time to reorganize the car for the next leg of the journey. As we were packing the car, the owner came out to the parking lot and told us that it was past check out and we had to leave the property. I told here we were just finishing putting the things in the car ad she again repeated that we had to leave the property. My husband is African American and I am not sure if this is the reason she was so rude the whole time, butI do kind of think it may have been racially motivated. I will not return here, which is unfortunate becasue it is within walking distance to SPAC.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank meandmyuncle
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I stayed at the Turf and Spa Motel for a weekend of concerts in June. After searching for a nearby room in April on several the "hotel search" websites only to find either sold out results or skyrocket prices I came across the Turf and Spa via a Google Maps search from the location of the State Park

As they weren't open for the season at the time I left my info as the answering machine requested. I was promptly given a call in return for booking.

Was a very enjoyable stay. Very nice hosts at the front desk, clean cozy room with plenty of space. While the decor may be a tad dated, it was clean & very comfortable nonetheless. A mini fridge, and free wifi were with the room as well. I didn't get a chance to utilize them but a spa room is on site as well as a clean pool.

The location was about a 5 minute walk to the downtown shops & restaurants as well. The other guests from what I could tell were a mix of travelers, other folks going to the concert & those from a car show / event going on nearby as well.

I look forward in staying at the Turf and Spa again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank buckysouth
Reviewed 31 May 2010

My wife and I recently traveled to Saratoga Springs for a long a Memorial Day weekend escape. We searched high and low for hotels and most were booked or way over priced (considering we tried to get reservations 2 days before Memorial Day weekend). After deciding we didnt want to spend the customary 150 a night for a Holiday Inn or Hampton Suites we decided to roll the dice and and try the Turf and Spa for only 75 a night. We couldnt find any reviews on it but found a random article from Time out NY online that wrote it up in 2003. (Hey that was only 7 years ago it couldnt have changed much since then) Upon arriving we realized that the old adage held true, you get what you pay for. The hotel is old, and needs renevating, the rooms however are kept as clean as could be considering the age and state of the hotel. The pool was kept very nice and the 2 hot tub mineral baths (I am willing to bet they arent too minerally) were also kept clean and were enjoyable. The owners provided a small "continental" breakfest of coffee, juice, muffins and some doughnuts and were actually very pleasent. We didnt spend much time in the room other then to sleep and were only there 2 nights, so the room was "ok" for the price but a bit less then we expected. Again clean as could be just dated and needs some TLC. If you are looking for a cheap convienent location to downtown Saratoga Springs and don't mind staying in a hotel room that time forgot .... then the Turf and Spa is your place.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple