“A+”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saratoga Springs
Springwater Bed & Breakfast
Storrs, Connecticut, United States
“A+”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here while visiting Skidmore. The Springwater B&B has the feel of an antique house and all the amenities of new construction (like good, quiet climate control). It has hard wood floors in the spacious rooms, BIG bathrooms with high-tech walk-in showers (in our room), lots of window light, antique furniture, etc. I appreciate the refined, sparse decorating (not auntie’s frilly B&B). I stayed in the Hathorn room, which had a king bed and a “daybed” which was perfect for my 16 year old. It also had a gas fireplace and second-story porch/balcony with chairs. While it was still too cold to use the balcony, I imagine it would be fun in warmer weather. The ground level deck/veranda has a gathering area and a wood-burning fireplace. The breakfast was outstanding (fresh muffins, asparagus omelet, bacon, hash browns) and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The B&B does not have a view, but it is an easy walk to the main street of Saratoga Springs. Off season price was truly reasonable - worth every penny!

Room Tip: Daybed in the Hathorn Room is good bet for a child.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DanielML

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the "Polaris Room" and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our visit. The room was comfortable and lovely and the bathroom was amazing! We drove up during a snow storm and the innkeeper, Lyn was so caring as to call us and ensure we were traveling safely. The morning breakfast was delicious and plentiful. And, we loved petting the belly of their dog, Abbey. The women who own the B&B (Leslie and her mother Lyn) were so pleasant and hospitable. We were disappointed we could not stay longer and will definitely return someday!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

What a lovely B&B. We stayed at the Congress Room (one of the cheapest) and it was great. Clean, large enough, great bathroom and closet space, very comfy bed. The gas fireplace made the room that much more cozy. The only thing to keep in mind if you choose to stay in the Congress Room is that it is on the first floor right next to the kitchen, so it's hard to sleep in once breakfast starts being served (a little noisy). We are up by 8:30 anyway so was fine for us. Breakfast was amazing, much more than we expected. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha C
Coram, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Polaris room. It had a wonderful gas fireplace, huge walk in closet, a jet bathtub and walk in shower. Everything was super clean and the breakfast was delicious! The inn keeper was extremely nice! Great place to stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank theteachertrisha
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We so many choices on the web, and a lot of with deceptive advertising, I am happy to report that this one is real a gem buck for buck. The place is new, comfortable, cozy and the ladies of the house charming. Breakfast was excellent and room well decorated. Location is fantastic and the price is very competitive. Will go back with no hesitation. The only con I would say is that the doors to the rooms are not sound proof and some patrons can be too loud.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manhattan, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I drive up from NYC to visit Saratoga Springs every so often when our horse business requires us to, and we have tried out many of the city's "top" inns and B&B's... nothing comes close to the Springwater Bed & Breakfast! This family-owned hotel has a leg up on the competition by being a newly built hotel, only about 5 years old. All the others in town are old historic Victorian mansions, which are very charming, but lack the comfortable newness that the Springwater Bed & Breakfast has. Located just down the street, the hotel also has a second, auxiliary building - "The Springwater Inn" - which is an old Victorian house with a restaurant on the ground floor. I have never been to the "Inn" part of the hotel, but I know that I, personally, would prefer the newer rooms at the Bed & Breakfast.

Originally, I had planned to stay just one night (Friday) in the very large State Seal room with my mom, who shared the King bed with me, and my brother, who slept comfortably on the queen pullout sofa-bed. Then, my boyfriend was to drive up and join me in the room on Saturday night after my mom and brother were to return home. However, there was a bad snow storm on Saturday, which made the roads very dangerous, and I did not want them traveling in those conditions. So, I called Lyn at the hotel and requested last minute accommodations (2 additional rooms) for my mom and my brother. Luckily, it was a slow weekend for the hotel and we reserved the Polaris Spring Room for my brother and the High Rock Spring Room for my mom, both on the second floor. All the rooms were beautiful, and each with its own personality. All the rooms have electric fireplaces and beautiful bathrooms. My room, the State Seal, had a huge tiled bathroom with a beautiful jacuzzi bathtub for two plus a spacious shower for two with a large rainfall shower head (it was one of the best showers of my life!).

In the mornings, we were greeted downstairs in the breakfast room by Lyn and her daughter Leslie, who cooks each person's breakfast to order. They graciously accommodated our request for an early breakfast service on Saturday, since we had to leave early for an event that morning. My eggs were done perfectly both mornings and were served with crispy, delicious bacon and fried breakfast potatoes. Lyn brings a plateful of freshly baked scones or muffins for you to enjoy while your breakfast is being made...delicious!

Everything about our stay was lovely. I can't speak highly enough about the Springwater B&B and the fabulous, hardworking mother/daughter duo that keeps everything running in perfect order. As business owners in the hospitality industry, my boyfriend and I know all about what goes in to creating great experiences for guests...Lyn and Leslie are perfect hosts, and I would recommend their hotel to anyone who is looking for a friendly, upscale experience.

Room Tip: All of the rooms at the Bed & Breakfast are gorgeous and extremely quiet, since the building lie...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I can't say enough about this picturesque B+B. We wanted a relaxing post-holiday weekend away from NYC and we couldn't have picked a better spot. We stayed in the Polaris Spring room and everything about it was wonderful...cozy, comfortable bed, fireplace, private little balcony and a dream of a bathroom. Even in the cold and snow, it was an easy walk (half mile or so) to the main part of downtown and in the summer you are just around the corner from the track. The breakfasts each morning were delicious and everything about the service from the time we arrived was just fantastic. The owners Lyn and Leslie were out of town at a conference that weekend, and Leslie's sister Meredith was running the show like a pro. We really can't wait to come back...hopefully this summer for a race! But this little B+B would certainly be lovely any time of year.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple