“Who needs good weather to golf?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Tarks Indoor Golf
Saratoga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Who needs good weather to golf?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

What a great experience! To be able to walk in off the street with my clubs on my back and play golf after work in November in the great north east! I was greeted by friendly staff escorted to my tee box, hit the driving range for a warm-up session and then off to play 9 holes of golf. You swing your real clubs; you hit a real golf ball and watch a simulated ball flight which really mimics reality! If you have ever enjoyed golf, bowling, a cold beer or a walk in the park, you owe it to yourself to check this place out!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank SARATOGADAN

Middle Grove, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Saratoga must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Tark’s one of Saratoga’s gems, truly is an awesome place to play golf, 70 degrees year round. A warm friendly atmosphere, fine pub grub, tasty ales, wines, and of course the most up to date indoor golf systems available. Kent and Sandy are very personable and accommodating, their hours of operation can match anyone’s schedule. They are both PGA professionals, Kent is the 2011 Northeastern New York PGA Teacher of Year. http://www.pga.com/professionals/kent-d-tarkleson-pga . Whether you want to play golf, book a party, take a lesson or just have a tasty pint and some wings, Tark’s is wonderful place to go. Stop by, bring your clubs, have a great time, and, you don’t lose any golf balls!!!!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Mark C
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pretty cool place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

I am by no means a golfer, but my husband loves it, so while we were on vacation he was missing it a little bit and we decided to check this place out. It was their "off season" so we were the only ones there. The owners are great - very friendly and accommodating. The experience was pretty cool, too. Even my husband said it is very "real-like." I picked up a few pointers, too! A little pricey but nothing too crazy. Recommend checking it out for a twist on normal golf.

3 Thank Sunfire5813
Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place, Great People, Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

This place is a gem! My best man reserved simulators for my bachelor party on June 8, 2011 (good thing he did, too, because we would have melted on a real golf course that day). The service we got was nothing short of exceptional. We were brought back to an area with two simulators, chose our course (St. Andrews), were given a quick tutorial on how to use the system and were were golfing within 10 minutes of our arrival. The owner's wife was attentive, funny and made our experience there thoroughly enjoyable. She kept the pitchers of Yuengling coming, and the food we had was amazing (I highly recommend trying the Buffalo Wings...holy hell were they good!).

After we finished, she allowed us to store our clubs at the facility overnight, and then loaded me and all of my groomsmen into her van and shuttled us to downtown Saratoga Springs so we could continue our night. We were all talking about this place for the rest of the week, and it was one of the highlights of my time in NY (other than getting married of course).

A huge, huge thank you to the staff at Tark's for everything!!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank ptheodore81
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Of course the Tarks owner would say this!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

Not only did they not tell me about the policy of "non-members" but when I asked what I needed to do in order to reserve the time they told me they needed my credit card number which I gave them. The co-owner ended up admitting that the reason they needed to cancel the reservations was because their family wanted the time slot I had booked. She said, "Hopefully you understand that family comes first." Even if they have this policy, what is the point of giving out such private informtion as a credit card number if they can just shut the place down when it's convenient? This is the only place I have ever given a bad review to and believe me, this woman was aggressively rude when I tried to express how inconvenient it was to cancel a week before a big event. Come on! You have to admit... if you planned a big event for 8 friends from as far away as Georgia, and the place called to cancel due to a "bigger party" needing the space, you might feel a little annoyed. She acted as if I was unreasonably put out about the situation they were putting me in.

8 Thank ScottWH