“A Fine Accomodation”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
New Milford, New Jersey
“A Fine Accomodation”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was the best experience my wife and I had in Saratoga Springs after staying in larger places downtown. The staff was welcoming, patient and helpful. Lobby area and breakfast area were modern and cozy. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and generous and the shuttle service was prompt. (Good shopping within walking distance also) The exercise room packed in just enough for a short work out and the small heated pool was a bonus. Stayed for 2 nights. The management was responsive to any concerns we had. A well managed Comfort Inn ! Security cameras add a safety blanket. Room rates were competitive.
We'll be back soon. Thanks so much. H & C

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UsHere4U
jcarda, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for the AMAZING review! I think you covered every avenue that a guest looks at when staying at a hotel. I definitely could not say it better myself.
Our staff tries very hard to accommodate the guest. They make me proud daily. They know that without the guest, we would not be operational. Our guest is the most important person in everyway.
I also like how you mentioned our shuttle that is completely free and complimentary to our guests. Many people do not know we offer this. Our main goal, whether work or vacation, is to make their stay as convenient and stress free as possible.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment here on tripadvisor.com in regards to our establishment. Your loyalty is vastly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon and may your travels be safe!

Jamie Rose Carda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The staff were very friendly, we were greeted with snacks, water and just a nice reception. Not too far to highways nor to downtown which is also a nice place for stopover. Definitely place to visit. Quite surprised at the quality of the breakfast following morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert W
Thank you so much for your response here on tripadvisor.com on behalf of our hotel! It is so fantastic reading that our guests enjoyed their stay and letting the rest of the world know it.
The breakfast here is fantastic. I've worked in many hotels where they try to make it the minimum for the guest. Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We want all our guests to start their day off right!
We hope to see you again and may the rest of your adventures be safe!

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Such a fantastic and hospitable stay. A real Christmas tree and a great gas fireplace welcomed us to this great upstate New York town. Very convenient location and great breakfast made this a place I want to stay again and again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony A
jcarda, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I remember seeing you! It was wonderful that you decided to stay with us. We pride ourselves with our breakfast. Our pastries are shipped in fresh daily from a real bakery, and the oatmeal is made from scratch with raisins and walnuts to add that home away from home feeling! Add that to the eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit including bananas, and the other many food items we have, you can tell we want our customers to start their day the right way!
We were so thankful that we did get a real Christmas tree. It's always welcoming walking into a place and smelling that know scent of Christmas while being able to take in the feeling of the holidays.
Thank you for your wonderful comment and always walking around with a smile on your face. We hope to see you very soon again! May your holidays be bright and the New Year be gracious to you!

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our stay at this hotel was the most enjoyable and memorable one when the Manager, Miss Jamie who had arranged for our 31st wedding Anniversary showered with chocolates, champagne, strawberries and a pair of beautiful swans with a lighted candle (very impressively decorated) even upgraded our room with a hot tub. With Miss Jamie's professionalism she had wonderful team of staff who treated us very special and warm.
Breakfast is vey delicious with Waffles accompanied with eggs, sausages and many more.
A Big Thank You comes from our children who just sent an email before our arrival, and Miss Jamie together with her amazing team make us So Very Special and welcome with Great Surprises

Room Tip: Very centralized in tourist area and shopping just round the corner, breakfast delicious and staff m...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angieaymc
jcarda, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you so much for such an amazing review. It truly warmed all our hearts here at the Comfort Inn & Suites of Saratoga Springs, NY. I can hardly take the credit. The entire staff was so happy and elated to accommodate such a special occasion. I remember you very well! You were such an appreciative individual and you warmed our hearts with such an appreciative and outstanding personality. We thank your children for reaching out to us to cater such a special day for you and your husband! You will definitely be missed and I am sure we will see you again.
Thank you for all that you did for us! Your presence was so fantastic and I hope you and your husband have many more anniversaries to come. I also hope that we are able to share them with you in the future!

New York
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for the night on our way to Canada. Great rate and value for the money. We got a king room which was very spacious. As a Choice member (free) they gave us a welcome bag with bottled water and snacks. They were very friendly. Free breakfast too!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nyc1acc
jcarda, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
It's fantastic that you chose our hotel to stop at on the way home! I would like to thank you for the pleasant comment here on tripadvisor.com. It is always a great feeling to read a customer that departed us on a great note! We love to recognize all Choice members and their devotion to our franchise. The breakfast, we take the liberty of ordering pastries from a bakery just for our amazing guests not to mention all the other fantastic items we provide such as eggs, sausages and homemade oatmeal! I hope to see you here again. Safe travels and thank you once again!

Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I'll start with the positive. The staff was wonderful. I can't say enough about how helpful and nice they were.

Now to the negatives. There is no handicap parking near the front entrance. The front parking lot was full and I would have had to walk quite a distance to the front door. The staff kindly moved me to a room near the side entrance where there was handicap parking.

There is no soundproofing between the floors or between the rooms. There was a child in the room above me. The child must have been jumping off the bed until about 9pm. Then, every time the adult walked around the room it was boom, boom, boom. I was jolted awake several times once i was able to fall asleep by this person walking around the room. The person in the next room was a snorer, it was so loud that it was almost as though the person was sleeping next to me. I was finally able to fall asleep sometime after 4am, only to be awakened before seven with doors being slammed, people talking loudly in the hallway and booming footsteps over head.

I had stayed in several Comfort Inn's in the weeks preceeding this visit and never once came across anything like it. The one redeeming factor was again, the staff. When I told the desk person who checked me out what had occured, she immediately make a small reduction to my bill. Would I stay here again? Definitely not.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank zaybx
jcarda, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
First, I want to say thank you so much for taking the time and commenting here on tripadvisor. We are extremely proud of our staff and the extra mile they continuously extend themselves trying to go out of their way to accommodate our wonderful customers.
I am very sorry about your experience. There were several teams staying here of the younger generation because of sport/hockey tournaments. When the noise complaints started I had my staff start doing mandatory hall walks every half hour. This step eliminated all complaints the second night that the teams stayed here. Unfortunately I was not able to meet your expectations in regards to the matter. Our staff also had a meeting in regards to this situation the following Monday. We spoke of corrective measures so this will not be a un-mandated concern in the future.
I hope you can understand that this is not a common occurrence and I have just taken over this property. I am working with the entire staff on any and all issues that may arise. I do hope you will give my staff and I a second chance so we can prove exactly how proactive we are when it comes to our valued customers.
Thank you again for all your feedback. I hope you had safe travels. If I can further accommodate you please do not hesitate to contact the hotel so I may speak with you personally.

Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I dealt with Ralph and Ashley at this location. Both were extremely courteous and helpful. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my reservation and can't review the hotel itself. Based only on the service I received from each of these individuals, I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank T K
jcarda, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
I wanted to take the time and say thank you so much for taking the time out of your day and writing a review on our superior staff. We have so many great reviews on their customer service skills and it makes me smile that they do not only treat our in-house customer with superb service, but our potential ones as well. These are the staff that make management go home at night feel like they have done something right, whether it is whom we have hired or how well we have trained them. Customers as yourself make my day wonderful when opening up my response page and seeing that you have noticed their hard work and dedication. I sincerely appreciate your time and loyalty to our hotel. We can't wait till you come stay with us again!!!