We stayed here last minute for a funeral. My husband, brother and myself shared a 2 double bed suite room. The room was really nice with a microwave and fridge, desk and a sleeper sofa. The room and hotel was very clean. It had an indoor pool but no hot tub. There is a seating area where there are jets in the pool, but the water that came out of the jets was COLD COLD COLD, probably because it was very cold outside when we were there. We stayed in the pool less than 15 minutes because it was fairly chilly in the pool. The pool desk shower and towels were nice and plentiful though. The fitness room was nice and overlooked the lobby, never saw anyone in there really. The lobby has a nice dining area and fireplace. ALL THE STAFF WAS GREAT! Once you were in your room, it was really well insulated, never heard the room underneath of us or next to us. Also, the Walmart was right next door as was the Golden Corral. There are several restaurants and stores within 5 miles. The hotel is less than a mile from I-87 and 3 miles from downtown Saratoga Springs. They had cookies out in the afternoon and fruit out all day. I think with some minor tweaks this could easily be a 5 star property.
My only cons:
1. The shower in room 218 had an issue with the thermostat. The knob never really got all the way to "hot" and so you had to play with the handle to get it from lukewarm to warm. I thought it might be a hotel problem since it was so cold outside but the shower on the pool deck got super hot.
2. I feel like it would be nice to have 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds in a room of that size. There is so much "extra" stuff in the room, that only 2 double beds fit.
3. Breakfast was free (awesome!) but the eggs were gross and burnt and the sausage was greasy. (Yes, I shouldn't complain about free).
4. It would have been nice for the pool to be slightly warmer.
5. The mattresses and pillows weren't that comfortable. I realize this is an entirely personal preference. However, the pillows had to be formed into basketballs so they didn't become pancakes.
Overall, an really nice stay. Would def. stay again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saratoga's choice hotel... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Comfort Inn