“The hotel feels dated and not clean.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I was surprised at the dated and poor maintained rooms . There was a old food container between the dresser and the microwave cart that was moldy and just felt generally not clean . I had gone to the desk to request a do not disturb sign only to get a sigh and attitude from the male attendant . He slammed the I will be back sign on the counter and left for what seemed like an eternity . This was a two day stay and I was alarmed to notice that the maid entered the room took used toiletries and towels and never replenished ...odd ? My things also seemed to be rummaged through !I travel frequently and this is just a poor managed hotel . If you want to stay with the chain go to Clifton Park comfort Suites or Queensbury Sleep Inn . They are both very nice .

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great place for a family. We reserved the 1 bedroom suite and couldn't have been happier. The kids could go to bed and we were able to stay up and chat. Location was very convenient as well. The pool was a bit small but it was indoor and my kids loved it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I just got home from a great weekend in Saratoga Springs and the hotel far exceeded my expectations. Elizabeth, who checked us in, was a delight - warm, welcoming and very helpful. Our room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was generous with a nice variety to choose from but could use a little tweak because the coffee urns were not kept full. (Having to wait 15 minutes for coffee on Sunday morning is never a good plan!) That being said, the staff is friendly and accommodating. I hope to return to the area in September and will definitely stay there again. Thank you for making our stay a pleasant one!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We received a nasty shock this afternoon, in the form of a phone call from Jamie Carda, the manager of this hotel. Without asking any questions about who we were, she accused us of leaving large amounts of marijuana in our room, and causing her to have to bomb the room to get the smell out. When it was explained that the "marijuana" was actually herbal tea that we drink, and that the smell was aromatherapy products for the bath, she responded by telling us that we could have the extra charges reversed if we went to the police and had our blood tested to confirm that we do not smoke. Obviously, we will not be patronizing this chain any further.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lkineh345
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I definitley wanted to write a review on this hotel...I was very scared of staying here because of some of the bad reviews I read, but decided to stay here because it was close to my family in NY and perfect distance from Lake George.

Let me start off by saying that check in was very pleasent..the emplyess and GM (Jaime) was so friendly. I reserved the King Jacuzzi Suite and when we got in the room it was so spacious, clean and not even in the room for 5 minutes and we get a call if everything is okay!

The bed was so comfy, fireplace and jacuzzi worked great and breakfast was a nice selection of eggs, sausage, danishes, cereals, fruits and yogurts! Pool was small, but not a reason for not staying here. There was also a micro & fridge in the room.

Never had a problem the 3 nights we were here. We didn't get room service because we didn't need it, however we got fresh towels daily. I would definitly stay here again, and since I worked in the hotel industry for 14 years I am very picky!! I will be back, thank you for making my anniversary weekend a great one!!

Room Tip: King Jacuzzi Suite was perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank puddles027
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had reserved a king size bed and when we went up to our room it was 2 doubles. I was furious as we were told that they were sold out because of a tournament going on in town. Needless to say I was not happy. I went off on the manager Jaime C., and I appologized after, because I know it was not her personal fault. She did do good by us and upgraded our room. We told her that we did not need a suite but just a king size bed. (I want what I pay for). You don't spend much time in the room anyway, but I would like to feel comfortable when I am there. Aside from the reservation room mix up, I would like to recogize a couple of young ladies at the front desk. Elizabeth B. and Tiffany W. They are such an asset to this hotel. They were genuinely happy to help you with anything that you needed and were ready to help on the spot. Everytime I saw them they were doing something, I even saw them mopping the floors to make sure that their hotel was spotless at all times. I commend them and Jaime for making a possibly terrible weekend into an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to many restuarants and there is actually a Walmart across the street, but far e...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Awesome suite. Great jacuzzi. Sweet fireplace. Clean rooms. Fabulous breakfast. Sweetest friendliest staff. I can't rate it higher. Two thumbs up!!!!! Job well done. Will go again in a heartbeat and will recommend this hotel to anyone looking!

• Stayed: March 2014