“Too Much Traffic Sound”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Too Much Traffic Sound”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We enjoyed the quaint, older feel. More in tradition with Saratoga. We had the front room, Suite.(rm 222). Street view and above the bar. Absolutely clean. Sitting room was comfortable and if necessary, they have step ups for the magnificent 4 post King size bed. What I didn't expect was to be awakened around 11:30pm by a tractor trailer slamming to a stop at the light just above the Inn. Totally amazed at the amount of traffic of roaring engine and large trucks. It was a friday night and this went on til 3:30am and then quieted to a single car now and then. Also, several loud post bar patrons felt it necessary to yell, and laugh as they left the bar and stood on the drive, basically to our side windows, commenting loudly about the horse out at front. Maybe the ac during warmer days, helps to muffle this noise, but being a window unit, the mounting only let the noise be more audible into the room. My daughter even pulled the sleeper out in the sitting room, hoping that maybe that would be quieter. So, it would be a tiring day and a 6 hour drive back homeward. Would I stay again? Sure...just give me a room in the back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Inn a few weeks ago. We were looking for a special place to spend our anniversary and The Inn was just that! The Inn was full of charming antiques and historical photos of Saratoga and the staff made you feel right at home. The beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was an absolute perk! We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and were also impressed with the food. The place was magical! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for something other then your average "corporate" hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisam7
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

My company was putting on a seminar at the Inn for clients, so my boss and I came in the night before. The Inn's website makes it look pretty nice, and as we drove up it looked quaint, if a bit "faded." I wish I could just describe the inside as faded...but both of our rooms were awful....hence, I am surprised by the many positive reviews here. As we arrived somewhat later, and were just staying one night, we didn't make an issue of it...but I'm not sure I've stayed in a worse room. First, there was a pervasive odor in my room (#229) somewhere between mold and feces. As it's an old building you can open the window which helped a bit. It was warm enough to use the air conditioning which was a window unit that was quite loud and cycled on and off all night. The toilet also ran off and on the entire night. Shower enclosure was clean, but very cheap, and the shower head was like a mister. Bedding was also a bit dubious. Batteries were literally taped into the TV remote control...most of the furniture in the room was scratched or scarred in some way...you get the idea.

Breakfast also pretty dubious. Fruit looked a day old...as did the pastries, etc.

There are numerous other nearby choices...go there.

As for the conference room where our event was held...not impressive at all. Some of the table cloths had tears in them, and the like. Our event organizer chose this location site unseen (other than the website)...needless to say, we won't go back, and were a bit embarassed that we brought clients to the Inn.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank peterarch
tias, Manager at The Inn at Saratoga, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
In response to "awful" I am sorry your experience was less than what you expected. We are an older, historic hotel, not a one year old Hilton and I am assuming that is what you are used to staying in. There has not been a complaint from any other guests about any of the issues you brought up about your room but, the room was thoroughly inspected as soon as the review went up by myself, the head housekeeper and the front office manager and the only thing we found was the remote with the taped batteries. That has been replaced. Just today we received the critique form that we send to all of our groups from the event organizer. Here is a sample of the critique...

Meeting Room Set Up - Excellent
Front Desk - Excellent
Reservations - Excellent
Sleeping Rooms - Good
Housekeeping - Good

There are many positive reviews on tripadvisor because we are not the kind of place you described. Again, I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I loved the Inn - my daughter and I went to Saratoga to see a concert at SPAC - this hotel was 2 miles from SPAC , basically a straight-away drive. The rooms were a very nice size, the beds were very comfortable and the free breakfast the next morning was excellent - aside from your basic fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc., there was a quiche and breakfast potatoes - all you can eat. We sat on the porch and it was a great morning.

• Stayed August 2010
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

Victorian charm somewhat shadowed by the need for some basic renovation. King size 4 poster beds are comfortable and impressive, but a step ladder would be helpful.
All together a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sign216
Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

I frequent Saratoga during the race season.. And on several occassions during the off season..I try to stay at The Inn @ Saratoga whenever I can.. The staff there is always pleasant and most accomodating. The rooms are always clean and comfortable..The complimentary breakfast is warm and filled with variety for the heartiest of appetities or plenty for the health conciouness individual.. The Inn is located in walking distance of all the local bar & restaurants..The bar located at the Inn is quiant; but always a pleasant time spent with the patrons from the hotel..With always a nice barmaid serving you tasty beverages..The Inn @ Saratoga is a place I would recommend to all; if you like a nice hotel with an excellent staff for reasonable prices..

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Oscar46LongIsland
Upstate NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

We went up to our room everything was fun. It looked alittle rundown from outside. The inside was okay and we had a whirlpool tub. We left for a movie then came back to ants hanging around the whirlpool tub, toliet, shower. The bathroom was nasty. The room looked shabby and looked like it was thrown together. Our stay was 365 dollars for that one night but they did give us free dinner and drink. Then in the morning we signed a thing saying we are paying 97 dollars for the room. We never recieved the money back and its been more than two weeks. If i were you, stay away from this hotel. What you see on the internet is very misleading. VERY!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple