“All the greens that are worth buying and bread too.”

Saratoga Farmer's Market
More attraction details
Owner description: Get some of the finest locally-grown fruits and vegetables at this open-air market operating each Saturday during the summer season.
Reviewed 30 September 2012

It is every Wednesday at 2Pm and Saturday morning under the permanent shelter on High Rock, just beyond the public parking lot. They have a lot of useful vegetables, cheese and bread. They also have dessert venders.

Everybody goes here.

in 5 reviews
"saratoga"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We love open markets! Everywhere we go, if there is a chance to go to a Farmers Market/Weekend Market we will be there.

The weekend market in Saratoga was nice and festive. Since we just had a huge breakfast at Elizabeth's, food was not really on our mind. Nonetheless, the assortment of colors and food (almost) made us hungry again. Berries are so hard to come by in the Philippines so I hoarded blueberries, blackberries, etc. which we ate together with greek yoghurt from another stall. We also bought some cheese -- soft goat cheese and aged hard cheese (i forgot which one specifically). Last stop is some whole wheat bread. The cheese were good, although, I think for cheese the best source would still be Putnam Market (their midnight aged goat cheese gouda is unbelievable!). Regarding the bread, ugh, it was one of the worst bread we had! Extremely crumbly and doesn't even slice properly. I forget the place where we got the bread but it was one of those stall after the shed (if you're coming from the city center).

The farmers market is interesting with all sort of things. But if you missed it, it's not so bad. You can always go to Putnam Market for the essentials.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

There is plenty to see. There is a great variety of produce, baked goods, plants, and crafts. Dogs are allowed. I filled two bags with vegetables. Many of the booths are under sheds so you are not under the hot sun. Parking is easy because it ia next to the public lot.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I am local to Saratoga Springs and a friend and I went to the farmer's market 2 weeks ago. Love love love is what I have to say. The variety of produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods and flowers is fantastic. Bring an insulated cooler with you as I don't think you will be able to resist buying everything in sight. To tide me over, I bought a pie-cookie which is basically pie crust with fruit filling just like I used to make with my grandma when she was making full size pies. I also bought strawberries(forgot what a real strawberry tastes like-so good), fresh greens which were delicious, zucchini, artesan crackers and goat cheese. If I had thought to bring a bag, I would have purchased more items-the produce was that good. This place is dog and kid friendly and I will be back frequently. If you have a Wednesday or a Saturday morning free, go check this out. You cannot be disappointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The Saratoga Farmer's Market has grown over the past 10 years by leaps and bounds. For those who live close by it is a gathering place to meet friends as well as purchase great quality fruits, veges, plants, flowers, pottery, honey, yogurt, eggs, milk, fish, meet, soap, wine and bakery goods. Even if you are only visiting,,,,a great spot to grab a little nosh and a jug of maple syrup for your ride home. Enjoy!