“Very lacking in the Marriott tradition”

Courtyard Saratoga Springs
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our room was never cleaned the correct way. There was hair on the hardware of the coffee table, dust throughout the suite; pulled bedding back to find a discarded handtowel ( was not our since they never stocked us with them); coffee, mugs, glasses and community information was not provided. they wanted to "Comp" a breakfast which was declined, but never offered an andjustment+

Room Tip: check the room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We were driving from quebec to a cruise ship in new jersey. It was friday afternoon and we found ourselves in unexpected traffic. We decided to call it a day and we took the following exit, eventually ending up at the Courtyard Marriot. We like the Courtyard, generally comfortable without feeling stuffy. I dont usually write reviews on hotels but this one was special. The personnel, all the personnel, go out of their way to really serve you the best they can, They are really friendly, always pleasant, like old friends, and I almost regretted having to keep on going the following morning. I tought it needed mentionning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Property was fine, other than the cold shower, which really wasn't warrented given that the property was less than half full the day after Thanksgiving. Will not go again to this property. Not acceptable to me.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Megan H, General Manager at Courtyard Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. Unfortunately we did have a maintenance issue that caused some trouble with our hot water around the time you stayed, and it's completely understandable that you felt frustrated. We resolved the hot water issue shortly after your stay and we do have plenty of hot water once again.

I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience, and invite you back for a chance to make it right. I know your next stay with us will exceed your expectations.

Megan Hennessey, General Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've stayed twice at this hotel. The pool and whirlpool are awesome and relaxing. The workout room is a little cramped but serves the purpose. The rooms are quiet, clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast has a good selection for the buffet and the chef will come out to customize your omlete order! Wished they had a complimentary bottle of water in the room. Free wi-fi and staff is helpful.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and they put me in the corner of the hotel away from the elevator. They do...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I've stayed many times in this fine city but have not been underwhelmed as much as I was here. I called ahead to inform them of a late arrival and gave a specific time. Upon arrivial no one was at the front desk. I waited 20 mins for someone to appear. Not what I expect from a Marriott, especially when charging premium rates during race horse season.

I was also disappointed with the room. It smelled musty, was loud from construction, and the bathroom was NYC apartment small.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay during track season, I would suggest staying closer to the action in the heart of town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Carri and Jason were incredibly helpful. I travel for a living and my company rented a meeting room for the weeks. Carri made sure the room was tidy and fully stocked with coffee, spring, bottled water and tea.
Jason was helpful throughout our 1 wk stay making sure that all our business needs were met.

The hotel is in a perfect location snd impeccably taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is a very nice, attractively decorated hotel in a great location. It's a short walk from downtown Saratoga Springs -- just far enough away to be quiet and peaceful (the bars a few blocks away can get pretty rowdy at night, but we never heard a peep). Great pool. I would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple