“Very enjoyable!!”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Utica
“Very enjoyable!!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Over Christmas 2013, we enjoyed a 2nite stay here. Not many people at this time of year. The staff were very helpful & extremely friendly.. We enjoyed a buffet breakfast 2 mornings in our own private dining room.. Even Christmas morning the waitress was extremely pleasant, as was the one on duty the next morning. Very quiet & very clean. Great place to stay this time of year!!!

Room Tip: The 5th floor felt like the penthouse,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fort Edward, New York
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed a couple of nights with friends and found the staff very friendly and polite, from Jason on the front desk to Riley Mahoney, they offered great suggestions for restaurants and shopping.
Would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Waterford
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently attended a corporate Christmas party at the newly opened Excelsior Springs banquet venue at the Courtyard by Marriott in Saratoga Springs, NY. The venue was nicely decorated for the holiday season and the wait staff greeted and tended to our requests throughout the cocktail reception and meal. Our waiter, Steve, provided an introduction of the evening's courses and the accompanying dressing that were on the table. Our choice of entrees included chicken francaise, prime rib, or vegetarian. Of the 8 seated at the table with me, 6 had the beef and I, along with another, had the chicken. Our meals were more than plentiful - the chicken was moist and served with a delicious cranberry rice pilaf and julienne of mixed vegetables. The beef was tender (not fatty) and served with fingerling potatoes and mixed vegetables. There was a nice pause between dinner and dessert which gave everyone time to discuss how yummy our meals were and to relax over a hot cup of coffee, tea or cocktail. (Lon had full command of the bar and did an outstanding job mixing up festive cocktails for the 70 people in attendance.) Dessert was a scrumptious chocolate torte plated over a swirl of chocolate sauce (NOT Hershey's) and fresh strawberry; it was out of this world! The Albany/Saratoga region was hit by a nasty snowstorm that dumped nearly 8 inches of snow throughout the evening hours of the party. Staffing of the hotel diligently manicured the walkways and parking lot to ensure a safe trek to our vehicle. Kudos to the General Manager who clearly understands and exudes quality in the hospitality industry and who made an appearance at the party. I'll definitely book Excelsior Springs for a future event!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We recently stayed one night at the Courtyard Marriott in Saratoga Springs, NY in a double-queen bed room. Its located in a great location just on the outskirts of town but with everything in short walking distance. Upon check-in I was impressed with the lobby. It's beautiful and open with a wonderful seating area with a nicely decorated Christmas tree. There was also complimentary brewed coffee. We got a great advanced purchase price of $111 for a Saturday night and we couldn't be more pleased. We stayed with 2 other families, all of which have young children. The pool was perfect at night for the kids to unwind and we had it all to ourselves. The hotel was clean and had lots of ample parking. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. Check-in was a breeze. We wish we were able to stay longer! My only reason for not giving 5 starts is that the rooms could be decorated a tad bit more lavishly to match the hallways and lobby. Our room was clean and included a Keurig coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, and safe.

We would definitely stay here next time we visit Saratoga. You can't go wrong with the price and value you receive. It was hard to believe this wasn't a higher-star level hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I spend approximately 75% of my time on the road, so I've stayed in my fair share of Courtyard Marriott hotels. Since September '13, I've stayed at this property four times for business travel within the Capital region. My stays are usually a week long and I've spoken highly of the accommodations until now. Unfortunately, Saratoga is a different place in the off-season and apparently housekeeping is off til Spring. upon check-in this week, my first room had hairballs in and dental floss on the bathroom floor and my second room had wine stains on the bedsheets and cobwebs on the K-cup and window sills. I informed the front desk and they made no effort to move me to a seperate (freshly cleaned) room or make a note for housekeeping. In December, I plan to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nrc8603
long island, NY
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Checked into the Marriot and was met by a 20 someithing male that wanted to be anywhere else but there - we were staying on points and i handed him my gold level card to cover any incidentals. he gave us a room on the 2nd floor next to the elevator and the utility closet, we opened the door and were blasted by the smell of a spray air freshner - like they were masking someone that had smoked in the room. went downstairs, walked pasted the male (not that he noticed) and was greeted by a very friendly female (sorry no-name) she looked into our room and point status and moved us to a 4th floor suite.

Room was fine we were only staying the one night and left at 7:30 the next morning so we did not take advantage of any of the items in the hotel

Hotel is close enought to walk to town - 10 minutes?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I contacted the hotel after an overnight stay because I thought I might have left something in the room. I was directed to leave a voice mail for the head of housekeeping. I didn't expect to hear from them again, but within an hour my call was returned. Riley Mahoney told me the steps they took to check and double check the room. Now THAT'S good customer service - thank you!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business