“terrific megan and diane both were wonderful”

Courtyard Saratoga Springs
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
new york, n.y.
“terrific megan and diane both were wonderful”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

megan and diane were very accomodating. they could not have been nicer
We enjoyed our stay had a nice room.
We have been clients of your hotel ever since it opened.
Look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My family and I stayed at this property for three nights while taking in the sites of the Lake George region. I am a frequent guest with Marriott (Platinum Premier) and really only choose Marriott properties when I travel. This one departed from the norm.

Walking into the lobby immediately before check-in was mind-blowing: it looked like there was a yard sale or something going on, complete with jewelry counter. It didn't strike us as consistent with any other Marriott we've ever stayed at.

Check-in (early evening) was largely uneventful, except that we had requested adjoining rooms because our family size required a two-room reservation, and we were not informed at check in that our request was not available.

When we got to our rooms, we learned that not only did we not have connecting rooms, we didn't have the roll-away cots we requested. I called the front desk and spoke with the person who had checked us in, and he told us that they had tried but did not have a connecting room available for us. So we decided it was our tough luck, asked that the roll-away cots be delivered, and left for dinner.

When we came back there were no cots, which turned out to be delivered somewhere else. Worse, we found out that there WERE adjoining rooms available when we checked in and found this out as we were returning to our rooms and met a nice couple who had just checked in. I can accept it when things are not available and make due, but I cannot accept it when my brand loyalty is rewarded by lying.

During the stay we left requests for housekeeping such as "please leave extra shampoo" maybe once or twice. We got everything that we asked for, but we found that the room service was otherwise incomplete on every day in each room (i.e., coffee cups missing, open coffee supplies left on desk, short on toilet paper, etc).

Overall, we enjoyed visiting this area, but each one of us felt that this property had somehow "grown wild" and outside of the normal Marriott customer focus.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
New England
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Absolutely no complaints.

The location is a short walk to the convention center, with ample free parking.

My room was large, clean, warm, quiet, and the bathroom was fine. A microwave is available in the lobby. Check in was fast, express check out even faster.

• Liked — value
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Lancaster CA
Reviewed 15 November 2008

The hotel is beautiful & the room was very comfortable. The staff was friendly & accommodating..

The young lady handling the breakfast buffet area was attentive & friendly. Our second day there she brought my teapot before I was even seated.

Before checking out my husband always checks under the bed to see if I have left anything behind. I had not, but others had. I left housekeeping a note that that they needed to vacuum better as there were also jelly beans behind the floor lamp & cracker crumbs in the chair.

• Liked — Very nice & comfortable
  • Disliked — Better hosuekeeping
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank papb73
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I tend to like Courtyard. They are typically the best choice in their categorie.

This hotel is rather new (4 years) and has a nice and modern lobby area. The personnel is friendly and welcoming. The check-in process is quick and efficient. The type of room reserved was the one given (strangely enough it doesn’t seem that obvious at all hotels, especially Sheraton). The room is large and inviting. The bed is comfortable (typical Courtyard). The room is rather clean, but with some dusty areas. Both wifi and wired internet is available free in the room and wifi in the lobby.

The first night something was broken on my bed and they fix it very quickly after I called.

The location is good, but not right in the middle of the old town, but it is an easy walk.

An average Courtyard which means good quality at good price.

• Liked — Staff friendliness and confort
  • Disliked — Location off the main street
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We stayed at this hotel in September and the best I can say for it is that it was mediocre . The place is made very cheap, faux marble in the bathroom and cabinet tops. The hotel was not that clean either. There were coffee stains on our room guide, Yuck and the cups they give you for coffee in the room were filthy. I pulled them out to use and there were milk stains in them, Gross.
The breakfast which cost me $12.95 was not very good. It boasted a buffet with made to order eggs and waffles (none of which was available). I had scrambled eggs left too long in a steam table, soggy home fries and lukewarm bacon. I would not stay here again. Everything is a long walk up a steep hill from this hotel. Stay somewhere else. The only plus I can see was the hotel was quiet even in a busy time they do have good sound proofing.

• Liked — rooms were sound proof
  • Disliked — Not very clean
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Stayed at Courtyard for one night after a concert at SPAC. Did not give 5 stars solely because if I had paid full price (I bid on the room at Priceline), it would not have been worth it. But it is August and it is Saratoga, so all the hotels are overpriced.

The room was huge, the beds were comfy, the staff was friendly and the location is within walking distance to downtown Saratoga. Had the breakfast in the lobby and it was yummy.

• Liked — The location and the bed
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business