“Great stay!”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
europe
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I really enjoyed my stay here.. the food was great.. the rooms are fab.. would defo reccommend! :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Manhattan, NY
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We checked into the hotel 15 min before the 3pm check in time and the front desk manager, well, thats what her name tag said, was BEYOND RUDE AND AN OVERALL SNOB!!! Her total attitude was beyond unprofessional and was just MEAN. The guest in front of us was checking into a suite and she went BEYOND happy to check them in, but when we asked for a Pure, hypo-allergenic room as we requested through reservations she was nothing but harsh and mean. She gave us a room next to an elevator and said that was the only one she had in the hotel because they were sold out, but yet when I checked online there were PLENTY of rooms open through Marriott's website. And what scares me even more about this so called manager is that she checked us in with out asking for ID or credit card. Then 10 min later she called the room to tell us the card on file was denied and we had to come to the desk immediatly, with MAJOR ATTITUDE. My card was authorized for $700.00 for a two night stay in a room that cost $109.00 US per night!!!!! When I asked to speak with a manger, she told me that she was the only one there and that was thier rule because thats what "her general manager" wants!!!! I have been staying with Marriott's for over 2 years now as a loyal Gold Member through thier rewards program. NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER STAY HERE!!!!! She should apologize and yet there is never a response back from the hotel General Manager or the so called, front desk manager. You should be embarassed by your actions and your lack of professionalism.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We have been coming to Saratoga for the past 12 years to the First Night Celebration. Two years ago we stayed at this Marriott. The couple in the room next to us fought and screamed for over an hour before someone from the management came up and asked the man to leave. A few hours later the man returned to the room and it all started again. The management couldn't seem to handle the situation. I laid awake practically the entire night worried that someone in the next room was going to be seriously injured. Furniture was being knocked over and I could hear the man hitting the woman. In the morning, the management didn't even offer us any compensation or an apology for what had to be the worst night I ever spent in a hotel.
Last year we stayed at another Saratoga hotel and had a wonderful experience. This year we decided to give the Marriott another try. We reserved a suite and signed up for the First Night package deal. After circling the parking lot several times we were finally able to park in a dubious spot. When we checked in we were told there were no more First Night buttons and were given a poor excuse as to why. We were then told to drive over to Stewarts to get buttons. Stewarts was out of buttons too and when we returned to the Marriott there was literally no place to park. We told the front desk staff that Stewarts was out of buttons, yet they didn't seem to care. A few minutes later I overheard them telling another customer who asked about buttons to go over to Stewarts. At that point we made the decision to checkout and never return. Our night was not a total loss as we were able to drive across town and buy First Night buttons at the YMCA and enjoy the rest of the evening. Instead of trying to find another hotel, we simply drove back home. All in all, parking and customer service at this Marriott are abysmal.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Mansfield, PA
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Stayed at Marriott Courtyard while attending Allegiance Bowl college football game. Staff very friendly and professional.
Have stayed in Saratoga numerious times but first time at the Courtyard. Quite, clean and comfortable walk into social center of town.
Will stay again on next visit to Saratoga.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 11 November 2009

We recently stayed at the Saratoga Marriott and really enjoyed the stay. Very Convenient, Nice Rooms, Great Service - traveled with others and they all enjoyed the stay as well. Would recommend and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I travel to Saratoga every year with my college age son for a boys weekend at The track.
The hotel through its excellant concierge Diane, makes it easy for me. I'm able to make my dinner reservations and obtain seats for the track before I arrive. Diane knows all the best restaurants and is able to get preferred reservations.
Dean the bartender has been there for all my visits and the bar is a nice place to sit , have a drink and discuss the days races and next days handicapping.
I'm already looking forward to next years trip.

• Stayed August 2009
queensbury
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My girlfriend and I have stayed at numerous hotels in the saratoga area when she visits from manhatten, our favorite without comparision is the marriot!! The affordability factor was our 1st draw, however beyond that we find the rooms beutifully detailed,the reception upon our arrival very welcoming, and the staff to be truly accomadating. We have had our breakfast table set for us outside on the veranda, by a staff that wanted to make it special. The jewal in this hotel is the concierge Diane Lloyd, this lovely and very knowledgable women has made reservations for us when none were available, given us directions to an off the beaten path street that no one else could find, made sure we had wine sent up to our room after a busy day even when it wasn't usually "company policy, she even helped us pick out our special hats for a "day at the track". It's the people that make the place, so keep up the good work,because it certainely works for you!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends