“Consistenly Excellent”

Courtyard Saratoga Springs
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stay here nearly every year, and the hotel is consistently clean and quiet. The staff is efficient and friendly.

The hotel is about 1/4 miles from the center of town and has enough free parking.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 March 2011

Checked in at 11PM after a 14 hour drive on Christmas Eve. A dozen kids were partying next door. We reported it to the clerk, and she "warned" them. At 4AM they got back from the bars and proceeded to have loud, noisy sex. We asked for a new room, got 4 hours total sleep. Hotel offered us free breakfast, if we got up at 6AM. We did not.

Complained and asked for credit/no-charge. Manager, Megan Hennessey, didn't call us back. Had to call back when we returned home. Were offered a complimentary night... the next time we drove 14 hours to be there. In other words, got nothing.

Will NOT return to this hotel with so many other choices in town.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank welltraveled00742139
Reviewed 8 January 2011

stayed for the saratoga first night and it was wonderful...everyone was nice and helpful...room wonderful and comfortable...breakfast and breakfast staff friendly....loved every minute of our visit!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ernurse41
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Front Desk staff made a mistake made by my company for a conference stay go from almost disastrous to extremely pleasant. My company changed my reservation to someone else, rather than make a new reservation, which should have been the plan. The hotel was sold out for the second night of my two night reservation (and well could have been sold out the first night if I had not shown up at 10:15am)
Front desk staff worked with me to find out what had happened to original reservation, get me into the hotel to great rooom, could have been better than the standard conference room, but told me it was hard to say about Thur, but would put me on a list.
That evening I checked back with another staff, who said they were still over booked, but he woudl keep checking. By 7 AM when I called to see if I had to pack up, I was told to stay put, all was OK to stay. The person knew whom I was as soon I called the desk.

Sandy and Adam are great assets to this hotel
Often the front desk staffers are the only people us road warriors on the road many weeks of the year see.
The professionalism here was great and well needed.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I just completed a four night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Saratoga Springs. Our experience there was exceptional. Thanks to Sandy, the front desk clerk, we were able to enjoy two great restaurants for dinner and one for lunch that we may have overlooked if it hadn't been for her recommendation. Sandy was also a great source for tour guide information as she recommended the Sagamore Resort at Lake George, Saratoga Spa Park and a day trip up to Lake Placid. All of these were great locations for photographing the spectacular fall leaf displays in New York in early October.

Our room was quite comfortable. As an accomplished insomniac, I am somewhat sensitive to changes in my sleeping enviroment. A good, firm mattress solved that problem just fine. The staff was friendly and helpful at every opportunity. Our thanks go out to the housekeeping staff member who found our camera lens cover that rolled under the bed unnoticed by us, but safely retrieved by her thorough room cleaning.

We had no trouble getting extra towels when asked for and found our room returned to its perfect original state of order each afternoon when we returned from our day's activities. If we are fortunate enough to return to Saratoga Springs, the Courtyard by Marriott will be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank leannz
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The hotel was perfect for our 36 people. Classy and quiet. It was just the right size for groups to join together for chatting either near the fireplace or on the lovely terrace. Couldn't be more impressed with the excellent staff that helped us with our needs. Walking distance to downtown and close to I-87 made for ease to reach the hotel. The shuttle to and from downtown was convenient to take when we were dressed up for an event. The driver of the shuttle was most gracious. Very quiet rooms ...all good stuff here.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Everybody at the front desk and the concierge were verry pleasant and helpful. The location was fine - within walking distance of the town center. The only glitch was the noise we experienced in our 5th floor room. The bathroom fan stayed on all the time. What was more distracting was a humming noise that stopped and started all evening. Were we located under a roof air conditioning unit? This noise interfered with our enjoyment of the stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple