“Waited forever”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The chicken Guiseppe is tasty and healthy
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Granted it was a busy Sunday in Sarasota but right from the start things went wrong. We had a party of 8. Took drink order and had to send one back. Order appetizers and had to wait for silverware to come out of dishwasher. Four of us got dinner 20 minutes before the other end of table. Then the last dinner was delivered another 15 minutes after that. Food wasn't great. Warm and no spices. The veal marsala was not seasoned very much. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Over two and a half hours!!

1  Thank katieemag

Reviewed 27 August 2012

On a lovely Sunday afternoon
In august, my wife and I turned off the highway on our long trip to Montreal and found ourselves at Russo's for lunch. The instant heartburn followed over- fried and previously frozen zucchini, which had been covered in a thick layer of crumbs to mask the Costco origin of the concoction. And it was the first time in my wife's life that she could not finish the fried calamari. Te portion was, indeed, generous, but the calamari were dry and nard.y edible.
After that, we shared the special of the day - pasta carbonara - and we could not finish that! Made with hospital-style sauce, the dish was over-cooked and tasteless.
The young lady, who served us was very attentive an nice, yet she was not surprised, when we complained about the food. She must be used to that.
If you have a chance not to go to Russo's for lunch, don't miss that chance! Do not repeat my mistake.

1  Thank vasinpapa
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Food OK. Too much cheese on things and veal overdone. Staff is very nice. Music on Sunday night was good and not overwhelming.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The entire experience at Russo's was excellent. The server (Kathy) was great. The olive oil was the best we ever had. The wine was top notch (Pinot Noir). We went for dinner after a day at the track. I had the Dayboat Cod. It was delicious. My date had the Veal Parmigina which was perfectly prepared. The prices were very reasonable. We can't wait to go back. The owner on two occasions took the time to vist our table to make sure everything was acceptable. We highly reccomend this establishment.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

My wife and I went there back the first or second week they were open the food was lousy then but we figured it was new we would try it again latter in the season. Not much has changed the hot food is still served cold and the cold food is at best room temperature. We ate there 08/01/2012 at about 5:30 my wife ordered Calamari and I had the same It was very early and yet it took a lifetime to get them Once they did arrive the apps were cold. At this point I said no cancel our orders as Im not paying for this.