“good concept but needs some refinement and more staff”
Review of Elizabeth's Table - CLOSED

Elizabeth's Table
Cuisines: American
Description: Newly opened in the Algonquin building downtown Saratoga. Locally grown foods served. Michael and Elizabeth Phillips, prop.
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I like the farm to table concept and the food was fresh and well prepared, though the portions were rather small and a bit of plating attention (garnish) could make things better. They only had one server/hostess working and she had her hands full but did well considering, they need more help. Limited menu but we all found something to choose from, a few more options would be appreciated. They accept credit cards but couldn't get the application on the iphone they were using to process transactions to work so it is good we had cash.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Let me first disclose that I am friends with the owners here, but nonetheless I really appreciate what they are doing and producing at Elizabeth's Table. There's no doubt they've had a few hiccups with staffing etc. in their first few months, but they won't serve a morsel without ensuring it is from a high quality (often local, often organic) source. Their burgers are the best in Saratoga, and their other dishes are also of great quality. The coffee is also excellent, as are the in-house made scones and cookies. They serve breakfast and lunch daily, and I dinners I believe Wed-Sunday.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Hippy dippy, organic food. I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast and it was practically inedible. My eggs were brown, the potatoes rock hard -- the toast was fine. My daughters french toast, aslo overcooked and hard. Too bad. The place had a nice vibe, but bad food. We saw a lot of locals there, but it is a college town. maybe it was just the time of day we showed up... noon on a Sunday? Oh well!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

This looks like a normal hippy-dippy earth muffin restaurant. The menu has many vegan and gluten-free options and they were very conscientious of my nut allergy. The waitress was very good; the hostess (owner?) was disinterested. We were pressed for time and the waitress made sure that we got out by the time we specified.

My wife had the Sea Bass which was cooked properly and accompanied by an understated mango sauce. I had a burger, but it was from a grain-fed, antibiotic and hormone free, locally raised (and probably reared with chanting Tibetan monks massaging its belly) Angus cow. Seriously, it was actually a delicious but very oddly presented meal.

We didn't have any win because we were rushing to SPAC. We did take some cookies and a scone for dessert and they were yummy indeed.