“Atmosphere and beer”

Henry Street Taproom
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clifton Park, NY
“Atmosphere and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Tried this place over the past weekend. I'll give you a quick analysis. Place is nice inside. Ambience is really warm and cozy. Beer choices are terrific. Lots to choose from in craft beer. Down side now. Service leaves much to be desired. Lots of youth working in here and it shows. It's disorganized at best. Crowded but saw too much standing around and chatting amongst themselves. If they don't get this part right, they will turn people off. This place will be mobbed in July and August and service has to be tops. Now for the food...it's overpriced and not that good. Hubby got the oyster tacos for $13. Two small tacos on a plate. No sides, nothing else. He was starving after eating. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits which was a joke. This was not the shrimp and grits I've come to know and love in the south. This looked like a bowl of shrimp bisque. It was soupy!!! I make grits better than this at home. It was $14 and I didn't finish it. Never again. We saw some sandwiches and appetizers come out around us and we now know what to get next time. Don't make our mistakes. Go for some snacks and beers. I was going to rate the place average but I really did like the place despite some negatives. I will try it again but will learn from my first mistakes!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jilbear

New York City, New York
“Another great addition to Saratoga”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited on a very busy Saturday night. The table area (no dining room) is small and tables are packed together and it was loud. But I think that's the point, it's a taproom, not a restaurant. This is not a place to go for quiet conservation on a Friday or Saturday night.

The service was very good. The beer selection even better and the food was great. We did over-order though. We should have just stopped at the Scotch eggs & cheese board (with a large selection). Beer and appetizers would have been plenty but we went for burgers and sandwiches as well. I must say the burger was one of the better burgers I have had. This is not a inexpensive place to go, but I think the value for the quality was worth it.

I'm glad to see another great addition to Saratoga. They seem to be doing quite well and I look forward to going again.

• Visited March 2014
Halfmoon, New York
“It's the best tap room, right across the street from the original”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

i grew up at Choens Public House, which was the back of the Parting Glass when I was 18 and just legal to consume adult beverages. I love the place to this day, but, the Henry Street Tap room just blows it away. Unless some great irish band is playing at the Parting Glass, please take another few steps and find yourself in the best pub in Saratoga. Monday night Oysters, Wednesday night cheese flights, a staff that knows beer like no other in town. How many pubs do you know where the bourbon out numbers the vodka 4 to 1? A beer by the fireplace with a cheese plate and you'll be a regular too. I took my whole extended family at christmas and I still here about it months later. This place just rocks.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Swilliguy
upstate NY
“I'll have another!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Picture this: exposed brick walls. A fire place. A cold winter night outside. Loud and friendly atmosphere. A chalk board with a varied collection of 16 excellent beers! This is Henry Street tap room. I limit this review to the atmosphere and beer. The only reason I do not give it five stars is in fact I did eat here a few months ago and found the food just OK. But if you are looking for a place to belly up to the bar, discuss the details of brewing, taste, hops, Etc. with a knowledgeable and friendly bar keep then this is your stop in Saratoga Springs. Henry Street carries a boutique collection of beers on tap, so if you go on a Monday, they may have a whole new selection later in the week, with some beers never to be seen again. I whole heatedly recommend a stop at Henry Street; whether is be a winter eve to warm up , or on a hot summer day to cool down- you can't go wrong!

Visited January 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Wanted to love it but didn't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was very excited to try this pub but unfortunately the service was very slow and the food was much more expensive than anticipated. The atmosphere was great but the space is VERY small

• Visited December 2013