“Fantastic Breakfast”

Country Corner Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: HOMESTYLE COMFORT FOOD made with the freshest ingredients will warm the heart and soul. The areas largest selection of BREAKFAST options featuring Omelettes, Breakfast Sandwiches and Wraps, Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, French Toast, and Vegan Specialties. For LUNCH, Hearty Soups made daily, creative Sandwiches, and Crisp Salads. Family Friendly Childrens Menu. Take-out available. OPEN 7 Days. NEW Now Serving Beer, Wine, Hard Cider, Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been here a couple times over a period of several years and was back again this past weekend. The food is great. Best breakfast in Saratoga Springs in my humble opinion. I recommend very strongly the oatmeal pancakes which are unique and incredibly tasty. The service is good, and the menu is varied and interesting. Always great specials. The restaurant feels a little crowded (it's small) and the wait list situation is confusing. There are two parts to the restaurant: a little downstairs diner-feel room with no more than 5 tables and an upstairs dining room with a nice ambiance and probably 15-20 tables. And for some reason they maintain separate wait lists. So make sure you are choosing the one you intend.

Roseann H, Owner at Country Corner Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thanks for clarifying our wait process for fellow TripAdvsior users -- I'm sure they'll appreciate a little guidance from someone who's eaten with us several times before. Sorry for any confusion that caused you! However, it's great to hear that you're such a fan of our food and have especially loved the oatmeal pancakes. Hope to see you again next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Take care,
Roseann H., Owner

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The pulled pork sandwich hit the spot and I enjoyed the apple cole slaw. I shall return to try other sandwiches.

Roseann H, Owner at Country Corner Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

I'm glad that our pulled pork sandwich hit the spot! We take pride in using apples from local growers, and I personally go to various farmers' markets to hand pick the produce. Thank you for the thumbs up! Please stop in and visit us again!

Take care,
Roseann H., Owner

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am surprised at the low ranking for this restaurant. It is an absolute gem. I have eaten here 3 times and have loved each meal. I highly recommend their homemade soups. I have had the potato leak and asparagus and both were divine. The spiced peach waffle was great as well. They have lots of specials on the menu. The waitstaff is exactly what you would want to have in a cafe. They love the food and so did we.

1  Thank Jill3399
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Country Corner Cafe used to be one of the little known gems in town, but with it's wonderful breakfasts, including homemade jams, it is easy to see why so many flock to it now. On May 3rd I took our daughter, we got a bit of a later start (around 10ish) and had about a 15 minute wait - they have a dry erase board to write your name down and # in your party, so if your new, make sure you find the board, or you'll have a longer wait.

My daughter went with the pancakes, although mom suggested one she got two with a side of sausage links. She didn't finish the pancakes but did ask for a second serving of links. I decided on a special, the steak, mushroom and swiss omelette. It was delicious, came with a side of potatoes (which my daughter polished off) and I opted for the scone over toast (totally the right call, it was not only cute, shaped like a heart, and delicious). The homemade jams of the day were a strawberry and a pomegranate one. Tried both and the strawberry was favored, but both were fantastic.

Our waitress was great, very friendly and prompt. It always feels like going back to Grammies house for breakfast, but they don’t make me do the dishes.

2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Needed a cool spot for brunch with friends. This place totally fit the bill for atmosphere and food. Breakfast was big, delicious, and less than we pay elsewhere. All of us left there full and happy and vowing to return. The best part, though, happened an hour later when I discovered I'd left my purse there. I called; they had it, and put it in the mail to me ASAP. That is what I call a total experience. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Peg D