“Good service but...”

Triangle Diner
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Triangle Diner is cozy clean diner on the corner of Route 9 & Maple Avenue in Beautiful Saratoga Springs NY. Our hours are Monday thru Saturday from 6:00 AM to 2:00PM and Sunday from 7:00AM to 1:00PM We want everyone to feel comfortable and happy here. It is a nice place to meet people and always offers interesting conversation.The cooks are very accommodating, If you like something thats not on the menu they can almost always whip it up. So stop in and give us a try. We serve Breakfast & Lunch 7 days a week We have delicious homemade soups and desserts daily.
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Good service, friendly staff, cute little diner off the beaten path. So cute and friendly that I wanted to rate this throwback high. But I can't. We showed up for breakfast with high hopes of enjoying some true fried and smothered Americana. We were disappointed. Huge portions, almost ridiculously so, but that's an observation, not a complaint.

Problems: hash browns that were...leathery. How does anyone get them this way? My husband loves hash browns but flat out would not eat these, and after one bite I lost all desire to mooch from his plate. Chicken-fried steak that was left in the fryer too long; it was the color of a chocolate bar and way too crunchy. French toast looked right but was limp, lacking the gentle crispness required to give it 5 stars.

And a small thing: my feet and legs nearly froze during the entire meal. I was tempted to run to the car for my emergency blanket. Finally figured out the problem: AC vent was on the floor under our table just 10-12 inches from my feet.

Would we return? No.

2  Thank Ginny000

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had breakfast here after our one night stay in Saratoga. It is a small diner off of the beaten path, well worth the short drive from downtown. The food was fresh, the waitress nice, and everything was clean. I had the eggs, home fries and bacon. The home fries were nicely done chunks of red potatoes, bacon was plentiful. My friend had the breakfast sandwich special with the avocado which looked fantastic. I would definitely recommend this to anyone living or traveling in Saratoga.

1  Thank TaDiGra
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Used Trip Advisor recommendations to find this off the beaten path gem. Tiny place with about 8 tables and a counter. Wait is expected and we complied. Waitresses are very friendly. There is a big special menu on top of their everyday fare. My fiancee had only one blueberry pancake. Fortunately it is the size of a small fluffy manhole cover. We all dug in and loved it. My sister had the French toast which was good but not as tasty as the pancake. I had a combo of two eggs, two sausages with bacon and two eggs over easy. We couldn't make up our mind about link sausage or patties so we got a side order and had both. Still cannot decide which was tastier but both were great. For this massive amount of food we paid $20. A great place to have breakfast

1  Thank ssuds3121054
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The perfect diner experience, full of locals and tourists alike. Lots of friendly hellos to the regulars, great service to newcomers.

Large, large portions. Loved the potatoes and sausage. Highly recommended.

1  Thank appetitetogo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed in the Saratoga Springs area for a few days recently, and tried several breakfast places. The Triangle Diner is just average, good service, passable food and definitely diner-like. A word of caution, don't get the pancakes unless you like to eat spoonfuls of bisquick out of the box. Even the short stack is way to much for the average person. I needed half the syrup container just to moistened the cakes enough to swallow. We wouldn't stop here again.

2  Thank marigr