“A Day at the Races”

Gaffney's Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After a day at the race track we wandered around downtown Saratoga and stumbled across Gaffney's. Live music echoed fro the courtyard and the price was right so we went in. The hostess seated us on an upper deck where we could hear the excellent musicians but still have conversation. The server appeared promptly with white bean and balsamic hummus and bread sticks. What a novel and delicious start to a very good meal.

I had the mussels which were plump and nicely prepared in a wine broth. The Caesar salad and crab cake was also delicious. My husband chose from one of the many beer offerings, shared my mussels and ordered a caprese sandwich for his dinner. The ingredients were fresh and he ate every bite.

Our server was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere was comfortable. We would definitely put Gaffney's on the short list of Saratoga eateries.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I visited Gaffney's for lunch and asked for outdoor seating on account of the beautiful weather that afternoon. Most of the people were probably out at the track so the restaurant was nice and comfy, not too crowded but still with most of the outdoor tables filled. My wife ordered the buffalo chicken wrap and I ordered the three beef sliders, both to our satisfaction. Oh, and the fries are excellent! This place with its three bars (both indoor and outdoor) looks like a wild place for night-time partying, but I can't comment on that because we didn't stick around. But a very nice restaurant for lunch and one we'd go back to on our next stay in Saratoga Springs.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have been here many times in the last 30 years while visiting Saratoga and I always go back. The same lady has been the hostess/manager for years and she even remembered me from past years!!! Service was prompt and food excellent and not even too pricey for the location and time of year. Gaffney's is like an old friend and I will return.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We visited for dinner after our track day, got in easily and chose a table inside rather than out on the patio (it was a little loud with the live entertainment). Everything we sampled was spot on, both in presentation and taste. Pricing was more than reasonable, quality was excellent and we truly enjoyed it. We will be back next month!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Gaffney's....did not eat here this time, but our plan was to sit on the patio, have drinks & listen to music.....The patio was crowded, but a very nice gentlemen waved us over to share his table...he explained he's a local musicial, was stopping in to hear the music. same as last time....great music, nice night sitting outside, & had a great conversation w/a friendly local resident.