“My New GOTO pleace for quick take out !!”
Review of Park Side Eatery

Park Side Eatery
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Park Side Eatery is Saratoga's local fast casual eatery located on restaurant row at 42 Phila Street in Saratoga Springs NY. Specializing in Breakfast all-day, BBQ sandwiches, NYC overstuffed deli sandwiches, Lower East Side Reubens, Hot & Cold Dine in and take out foods, Craft cocktails, house made soup, hot and cold beverages and more. There is a full on site bakery and two full catering operations to complete the operation. We have been part of the food scene in Saratoga for over a decade operating as Black Diamond Caterers and Adirondack BBQ Company. Our family owned fast casual restaurant offers comfortable seating with order at the counter services. Just like home.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My experience was the polar opposite of the one other reviewer.... I am finicky about meat quality and appearance and would have been turned off based on the description of the
entire event. I chose a scoop of mashed potatoes and a serving of beef brisket. These are
things that I love and they remind me of homestyle family dinners my mother prepared.
The quality and preparation of this plate did not disappoint. It was a great value ($ 7.00) and
I expect to be making many more trips to explore their wide variety of savory hot items, cold salads and deserts ..

3  Thank pmac031845

Reviewed 7 July 2013

In a resort town full of restaurants, I had to pick this one, which is actually a deli with some booths. But it was 95F-too hot to walk around looking and I hadn't eaten all day. Plus, the limited menu had corned beef sandwiches, my favorite. I was put off by the cavernous decor, which suggested a bus station waiting room, the display cases full of salads, etc that looked like they had been sitting there for days and the fact that I was the only customer, although they did seem to be doing a brisk business carrying out catering pans.

I would have turned around and left, but the counter person was so eager to help I almost felt like I couldn't leave. I ordered corn beef on rye. A short while later she brought me an attractively plated sandwich peeking out of a paper wrap. I could see what was in it, and it looked NOTHING like corned beef. It was a pale, greyish substance that consisted largely of fat. I told her "this isn't corned beef". She was very confused and said that's how they made it there. I REALLY wanted to leave by now and should have offered to pay for the pickle and cole slaw samples, but they weren't letting me go. I volunteered to try the pastrami. She brought me a sample. This was the right color, although missing the pepper rind and consisted like the other meat, largely of fat. I ordered a sandwich of that, hoping the sample was an end piece, but No-o-o, the sandwich they brought me was the same disgusting hunks of fat interspersed with small bits of meat and gristle. I like a little bit of fat on my corned beef and pastrami, but this was inedible. I sat there picking out pieces of meat from the fat and deciding what to do. A conference was going on behind me in the glass walled office. Someone (a chef) came out and asked me what was wrong. I told her. She said that she'd overheard my remark re: corned beef and that they used all natural ingredients which is why it was grey and their customers liked it that way-full of fat and gristle.. She was adamant that there was something they could do to make it right so I gave in again and took her up on her offer to trim the meat of fat and gristle, telling her 1/2 sandwich was alright. (I really didn't want to eat any of their food). She managed to get a smaller sandwich out of all that junk and I forced 1/2 of it down just to get out of there.

After paying my bill (the sandwich was the same price as those I usually get at Juniors in Grand Central Station) I used the restroom. The toilet was clogged. A perfect ending to a horrible meal.

3  Thank eldelErbil
Heidi H, Owner at Park Side Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

As the reviewer has stated, we went above and beyond in an attempt to please. Perhaps we had a bad day or perhaps the reviewer was having a bad day. With a full refund policy, we would have been happy to refund the reviewers hard earned cash, with no questions asked. Don't let this review keep you from trying Saratoga's newest Eatery. Our corned beef and pastrami are house cured, smoked and steamed using Angus prime brisket and navel. It is nitrate free (so no pink coloration) Check out Yelp for alternative reviews.