“Deli Paradise!!”

Park Side Eatery
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Park Side Eatery is Saratoga's local fast casual eatery located on restaurant row at 42 Phila Street in Saratoga Springs NY. Specializing in Breakfast all-day, BBQ sandwiches, NYC overstuffed deli sandwiches, Lower East Side Reubens, Hot & Cold Dine in and take out foods, Craft cocktails, house made soup, hot and cold beverages and more. There is a full on site bakery and two full catering operations to complete the operation. We have been part of the food scene in Saratoga for over a decade operating as Black Diamond Caterers and Adirondack BBQ Company. Our family owned fast casual restaurant offers comfortable seating with order at the counter services. Just like home.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Park Side Eatery is more deli than restaurant although there are booths to sit and mangia. The selections are all nicely displayed in cases so you can order as much or little as you want. Constant Dinning Companion and I like the freedom this option presented!!! Each of us ordered a LOWER EAST SIDE MILE-HIGH. Mine was the Hot Pastrami and Companion ordered the Smoked Turkey. Both meats are cured on premises and served on Rock Hill Bake House Bread with a choice of store made pickles. Our impression of PSE is most favorable. The pastrami is the best north of the City and the pickles simply fantastic. Constant Companion loved the turkey but would ask for fewer tomatoes and lettuce. She raved about the French Potato Salad though. Excellent addition to Saratoga. We WILL return!! We also purchased a pound of Fair Trade Hazelnut Coffee to take home. It was fantastic.

1  Thank Robert B

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I really wanted to like this place but it just isn't going to happen. I even tried it twice but I won't be back.
Everything is in display cases and you order what you want and they put it all together for you.
My first visit I tried the scallop potatoes and just a bit of brisket and both were OK, not great but OK. The brisket wasn't as lean as I prefer but it was OK. I tried a second piece as my first try was pretty small and that was just plain bad. The scallop potatoes were very bland.
A few days later I decided to give it another shot.
I tried the scallop potatoes again and not only were they tasteless they were hard. I tried some roast turkey and it too was very bland.
I also tried a whoopi pie which I normally love but this one was truly bad. The cake or cookie part was actually hard I had to use a knife to cut it in half. At that point I threw it away and have given up on the Park Side.
Saratoga Springs has some fabulous places to eat and I was really hoping this would become another one but it's not for me

1  Thank 7oceandrive
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I love Park Side! My husband is a huge fan too. We love the food! We love the feel of the place. We've also gotten platters of catered food to entertain friends at our home and it was a hit! It's also becoming the place for who's who....... I hope it doesn't get so popular that I have to wait in queues. I'm a long time local and I couldn't be happier that a place like this is finally in Saratoga!

1  Thank Lovinlife700
Reviewed 20 October 2013

When I first heard about PSE opening, I was psyched to try their donuts. For our first visit we planned on having something more healthy and not too filling so there would be room for a donut. PSE is more like a deli. There are display cases filled with cold side dishes, hot and precooked main dishes, refrigerated pastries, cookies and biscotti, at least a half-dozen kettles of soup, a pickle bar, and beverage coolers filled with various sodas and flavored drinks. Much of this is sold by the pound.

I chose to have an Apple Smoked Pulled Pork sandwich ($8.50) served "naked" on a Rock Hill bakery brioche bun with a garlic pickle. The pork was flavorful and juicy with no noticeable smoked flavor. They also offer this sandwich with either their traditional beer based Red Sauce or a mustard and vinegar Carolina Sauce. The pickle was relatively standard and not very sour.

My wife had a bowl of the Black Bean soup ($5.50). Not the best she ever had, a bit heavy on cumin for her taste, but still acceptable.

I moseyed on offer to the dessert cases to see what would catch my eye. There, before my eyes, was one remaining Apple filled Bismark ($2.50). I also saw some Macaroons drizzled with chocolate ($2 ea.) which would give me a good comparison with the macarons that we had just bought at TC Paris Patisserie to take home for a later tasting. The Bismark was disappointing - the donut had been fried too long so that it was very brown on the outside with an almost burnt flavor, and it was a bit dry on the inside. Had it not been for the standard institutional, canned apple donut filling, I might not have finished it. As for the Macaroon, I've definitely had better ones that were more moist and chewy. Of course, a macaroon is NOT to be compared with a macaron and it is not my intention to attempt to do so here.

We're likely to try PSE again in the future, maybe for more soup and possibly another sandwich. The house made corned beef or pastrami sound inviting, even some of the entrees in the cases looked good.

Just in case you are wondering how the restaurant got its name while having an address a full block away from Congress Park, if you stand in one of the booths on the south wall and look out the high windows, you can see the Park across the parking lot between PSE's building and the Spring Street entrance to the Park and its Carousel. More seriously, you can also enter PSE from this parking lot.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stopped in at breakfast time with husband. Ordered a breakfast sandwich to go. Pretty simple order of egg cheese and ham. Ham was completely forgotten and left off. Sandwich was blah, lacking flavor & seasoning. Also ordered one donut which was over fried and had a burnt taste to it. That went directly in the garbage after we each had one bite. Staff working were friendly and attentive. Not feeling compelled to return anytime soon.

2  Thank 449Lea