“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Suffern
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

twice this summer i totally enjoyed our stay at the Roosevelt Inn Suites,easy check in,
extremely clean rooms, welcome basket, housekeeping very keen to each detail , well
maintained pool& jacuzzi, health center in great shape
Jessica(Mgr) went over and beyound to accomadate our needs, she has Great people skills and seems to enjoy her job. people make bussiness florish so customers keep coming back
In the future I will only stay at the Roosevelt when in Saratoga
we loved the experience,I hope others will experience the Great Hospitality of the Roosevelt
Gerry&Marie Lynch

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel is not what it appears to be. The pictures and amenities are a farce. For over $250 per night, we were in a tiny room with decor from the 1970's Pink bathroom tile (some tiles were missing), polyester bedspreads, and a musty smell. The room itself was dusty and not cleaned well. The room faced the main road which was very noisy. The complimentary breakfast was depleted of the basics. The first day, they were out of bowls for cereal. Day two we had to ask them to replenish milk, knives, cereal, banana's and napkins. The basics. They did not replace the paper cups in the bathroom, nor did they ask us how our stay was. I would not recommend this place at all. It was definitely the low light of the trip. Very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lucyface66
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I felt compelled to write a review because I wish I had better understood the level of accommodations prior to arrival. While there is nothing outlandish about this place, it will be helpful to understanding that you are staying at a (high priced) motel. Cars are parked at the front door, rooms are run-of-the-mill (and fairly worn down) with box televisions and VCRS (yup...VCRs!!!) Beds have polyester spreads with wool blankets and the bathrooms have generic soap/shampoo offerings. That being said, there is nothing to call attention to...the place was perfectly fine. Just know what you are signing on for.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

when showing at the saratoga racetrack this is a good value. not much further out than the more expensive motels and the room was well kept and clean. the restaurant next door was within walking distance and avergae in food choices/quality but the service was excellent and the prices reasonable. We were too busy to enjoy the pool/spa and wish I had made time for it. It was my birthday and we were upgraded to a king room for no charge.

Room Tip: the garden/lawn room was fine. I don't think this is a luxury hotel anyway
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
new york city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We were booked in by Expedia..not happy with the room we were given. The staff was so kind and understanding they moved us into another room which had been remodeled and wonderful at the expedia rate. We wanted to stay an additional night, and it was the night racing season started. The Manager was able to accomodate us and gave us a manageable rate. I must say the property is lovely, smells delicious and both the indoor and outdoor pools were great. The gym, and whirlpool were also wonderful. Clean, clean, clean!!!
The Hotel is kept spotless, the hospitality of the staff service was above and beyond.. I am a world traveler and was just thrilled by all the hotel workers attitudes.
It was a great experience and I look forward to going back in the Fall...

Room Tip: Ask for what you need.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank margofirst
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I've been staying at this charming getaway since July 2010 when I took over the Albany market for my company. There's a really good reason I choose to drive 20 minutes round trip each day staying here instead of selecting a hotel in the immediate "more convenient" Albany area when I travel to see clients on a monthly basis.......it's a charming, friendly place where I can put my feet up at the end of my day, and relax and recoupe while easily recharging my focus to be able to put in really strong work days every single day! The landscaping is just beautiful, the staff treat you more like family than a guest, and the rooms are always clean!!! It is an older property, so the decor is a bit "dated" but it actually fits with the theme....it reminds me of a "Dirty Dancing" era getaway........add to it 2 swimming pools, a spa, massage services and even adirondack chairs and a gazebo and I'm sold!! If you're looking for a high-end national-brand type hotel, this is not for you. If you want a good night's sleep and to be able to breath in the fresh air and natural surroundings......this is the place to be!!

Room Tip: Spa Building Rooms and Suites Highly Recommended
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
US
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Let me preface this review with the following:

If you like motels on the side of the highway, leopard print and really just need a relatively (yes, relatively) clean bed to sleep in, then you'll be fine here. Though it's not in Saratoga Springs and you'll find MUCH NICER hotels/B&Bs down the road. Oh, and the pool is on the highway. This might as well be a Motel.

However, I need more and this place was a dump. We arrived late and the staff member at the desk was very rude. Turns out, the pools were "broken" the weekend we stayed. I simply asked about some sort of compensation and got attitude from the staff. Then, she replied "Well, at least you have a view of the parking lot so you can see if your car is still there." Not sure what this comment was supposed to accomplish, but it was pretty stupid.

Now, the room. You like leopard print? How about a framed picture of leopards? With a leopard print frame? Leopard print chairs? Pillows? Seriously though, very dated interior. Red plush carpeting, dated bathroom. Yellow stains on the sheets.

We liked this hotel so much that we left a day early and lost $100 as we pre-paid. It was well worth it to leave early.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends