“A REAL GEM”

Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 4 December 2008

I am a frequent visitor to Saratoga Springs and have stayed in most of the hotels in the downtown area at one time or another. On my most recent visit I happened to drive by the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. The well manicured grounds caught my eye and I thought I would give it a try. I was greatly surprised from the moment I stepped into the lobby, which was warm and cozy. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional as I received a courtesy call after checking in to make sure I was comfortable with my accommodations. I stayed in the Lawnview Suite which included complimentary use of the Health Club & Spa. I wasn't sure I would have the time but the staff told me to take a health club key just in case. Well I'm so glad I did, their pool is spectacular (so much larger and cleaner than other pools where I've stayed in the area) and there's a large jacuzzi nearby. The fitness center is spacious and sunny and the Club also contains saunas. I'm was informed they also offer spa treatments, wish I had more time for one of those! I plan on returning to the Roosevelt over the holidays and will definitely in indulge in a massage this time. It seems I've found my place in Saratoga Springs, The Roosevelt Inn & Suites is "A Real Gem"!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank ajdurk

Reviewed 6 November 2008

I've stayed at this Inn twice. I enjoyed myself both times. The staff are always very plesant and helpful. I have to admit the first time I stayed the room was much more elegant. I think it was a king suite. Even having said this the second room was plenty adequate. They have great specials if you enjoy the "spa'. The spa is very clean, quiet and the staff are wonderful. I read another review about the pool and I was very suprised the pool area is beautiful and very clean and always stocked with clean plush towels. Again, the spa is fantastic. I received my own bathrobe and slippers and a large basket full of bath and shower gels and shampoo and lotion. I am planning another trip now.
Tina

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank aaguen
Reviewed 13 October 2008

My husband and I have been coming to the Roosevelt Inn & Suites for many many years now! We come for the awesome gym, pleasant employees, the beautiful grounds, the pristine pool and the clean rooms!

For years now my husband and I have wondered why a place like the Roosevelt would skimp on pillows? The pillows are horrible. Honestly, they are horrible. They are clumpy, old, flat and sometimes stained. Another puzzlement is why on earth does the Roosevelt make their beds with flat sheets rather than fitted sheets? The sheets move and bunch and to make matters worse they are too small!

New pillows and fitted sheets for the beds please. Thanks for otherwise being the best place in Saratoga to stay!

Sincerely, a 20 + year old patron

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank pbagalio
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Just returned from the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. Very accomodating, clean and great pool, exercise room, sauna, whirlpool. Plan to return again. Very clean and king suite has a separate living room area that can be closed by pocket door to accomodate a third party .

Very Clean and spa amenities are wonderful.

Would return again in a minute.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Whenever my sister and niece come to visit, we make sure to spend a night or two at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. Even though I don’t live far I still feel like I’ve had a getaway. They have a great package for “Just the Girls”, which includes a suite for the night, a spa service for each of us and use of their wonderful health club & spa. The staff is so accommodating and everyone is more than willing to offer suggestions for dining, entertainment and great shopping – no one has steered us wrong! We are always greeted like we’re family when we arrive – the Roosevelt Inn & Suites is #1 on our list!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2008

After being on a long college road trip that took us from Chicago to Pittsburgh to Saratoga Springs we were looking for a “luxurious” two days to decompress before our plane trip home. After hours researching reviews and hotel websites for Saratoga accommodations, we decided the Roosevelt Suites would be the place. Willing to spend the most we spent on all our 9 days lodging, we booked and paid 2 weeks in advance $255 per night (their policy/rate during racing season).

What a mistake!

Go to the hotel website and you will find polished pictures and creatively designed/presented information. Amenities that would please anyone – such as "resort" hotel, health spa, championship tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, sauna, whirlpool, etc. How would one not be excited?

Here we go:
Enter into a dark cave-like room with 20-year old decor, furniture, and appliances (TV, fridge, A/C, etc.). The beds were very uncomfortable – hard, springy, and poorly made. They use a thin flannel-type mattress pad that covers 3/4ths of the bed top. No fitted sheet, and the top sheet they use for the bottom does not tuck completely into the bed. Only two small foam pillows. Polyester bedspreads, not comforters nor blankets, finish the bed. They have limited cable TV on a 15 year old unit. During the hot/humid summer you will need A/C. Their idea of individual climate control is the old window units that continuously make noise unless it’s off. We were assured soundproofed rooms from roadside noise prior to booking. Route 9 is a major highway into town. You will hear cars and trucks all day and night. The 50’s bathroom provided a .75 oz (about a quarter size) bottle of shampoo – bring your own to supplement. They also only provide 2 bath towels, so ask for more before you need it. Our toilet handle was broken – need to hold handle to flush. Wow! $255 per night??? Old cheap shower head sprinkles water at you. Rooms are not electronic card keys, so you’ll have to carry their key on a big key chain. To us everything was old – old phone, old alarm clock, old carpeting. Oh, we also had a couple of bugs in our room.

Their pride and joy is their health spa, although when we went whirlpool was tepid. Sauna is in locker rooms (not coed). Be sure before you make your reservations. They do NOT have early checkout. You’ll be out of luck like we were! BTW – staff never asked, how was your stay?

We attached photos of our room. Look carefully before you decide.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
8  Thank TRAVELERSFROMSEATTLE
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We have stayed at the Roosevelt for several years during racing season. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The decor is in need of some updating-just like your own home! The spa and indoor pool are outstanding. It also has a good sized outdoor pool and tennis courts. The grounds are lovely, with a gazebo in the courtyard and many quiet spots to sit with friends in the evening. The staff is what makes this place feel like home-they are very friendly and accomodating, It is convenient to downtown and major roads. Their restaurant is superb!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple