“No thanks”

Residence Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
“No thanks”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was there for a wedding in may 2011. Like the reviewer below I was also charged a $250 smoking fee for a room I was in maybe an hour the whole night. I don't even smoke. When I tried to call after my stay about the charge I was given the run around by the hotel workers I talked to. They said the manager wasn't there every time I called but could leave a message with him and he would call me back. After several messages and no call back I gave up. Not what I would call great customer service.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank whatapaininthepants

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I'm staying in this hotel now and couldn't wait to get home to write this review. That ought to say a lot about how bad it is. Don't get me wrong; the rooms are nice and clean, and a suite is nice if you're here for an extended period. But the staff is the worst I've ever encountered. There have been at least a dozen times that I've asked to take the shuttle into town or into the race track to be rudely told that the shuttle can't rotate around guests schedules but instead makes runs from the hotel every hour, only to be told the next day when I call to leave on an hour that the shuttle took someone out at 15 til and won't be back until 20 after. Worse still are the times I've scheduled a pick up for a certain time only to find that the front desk let someone else take the shuttle while I wait an extra 30 minutes. Four our of five times I've approached whoever is working at the front desk, Ive been treated like an annoyance, even if simply requesting change for the washing machines. This attitude goes all the way to the top; the manager here is the worst of them all! I have never written a bad review of a hotel, restaurant, or anything else in my life, but I cannot say enough about what a bad experience I've had with the staff here. This place needs a serious culture change. (Also important to note is that this place is not really a walkable distance into town or to the racetrack. It's only about a mile or two, but a bit of that is along a busy two-lane highway with no sidewalks.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Jac77777
ny
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We have stayed here for the past 5 years for 2-3 nights during racing season. One room (two or three bedroom) for us and our three children and another for my Father-n-law. The breakfast is wonderful, they always seem to have dinner as well (an added bonus after a long day at the track), and the rooms are always impeccably clean. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. We took advantage of the shuttle to the track for the first time last year, and it was easy and very convenient! Our kids also love a quick dip in the indoor pool in the evenings.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel, with wife and daughter. Overall the place was nice. Location is quite away from town by Saratoga standards, but is really just a 5 minute drive, so while you cannot walk into town, not a big deal to get there.

I found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant - not sure what others had issues with, but they were fine with me. Rooms were on the small side by Residence Inn standards, but were clean and everything worked fine.

Has an indoor pool, which is also on a small scale, but was fine for one night.

Overall, if you need a place with multiple Bedrooms, and don't mind driving into town, I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RobBflo1
CT
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Top shelf across the board.

Saratoga Springs is an amazing place ... Obviously the horses and events are a great attraction. But there is sooo much more there to satisfy your taste for adventure. Downtown is always a hub of activity, Saratoga State Park. Lake George. The Adirondacks. The Catskills. In the off season, there is plenty of x-c skiing, local downhill resorts and one amazing New Years’ celebration. For me, the best part is the comfort we have at the Residence Inn.

I have stayed with Bob Herrold and Leslie Miller at the Residence for an average of 4 months every year since 2005. It was a troubling time for me in the beginning as far as accommodations were concerned. At that point in time, Leslie called ME, she set me up for an experience that is what I measure every other hotel to. They have been the most accommodating people (not chain, but people) I have ever worked with. They have also, and more importantly, been the most accommodating staff for my vacation stays, too. My wife and I spend a good amount of time riding our motorcycle in the Adirondacks and always use the Residence as our base. We may be biased, but when something works, you stick with it.

Breakfast every morning (not continental, but full eggs to oatmeal to fruit to pastries), social evenings 4 nights each week, coffee, tea, juice and anything else you could ask for at a snap ... 3 different newspapers daily, concierge service ... they even will do your grocery shopping for you at no extra charge!

Is this hotel a five star resort? No. Is it my home away from home, a place where I can relax, where I am made comfortable, a place where work gets washed away ... where I have home like comforts, where the staff knows what I like and makes sure it is right before I have to ask a question? Do I receive 5 star service?

ABSOLUTELY!

You want hoity toity … go somewhere else. You want attention, family, honesty attention to detail and comfort …

RESIDENCE INN, SARATOGA SPRINGS NEW YORK.

Contact me, I’ll tell you why.

Room Tip: Call the hotel if you reserve online. Often rooms are available that web sites do not know of.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Charlestown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Living "on the road" is difficult to do, with juggling work assignments, managing newly set up living accommodations and making the best of being away from family and friends. I have worked on the road for most of this year and have averaged four months per year for the last seven years.

Whenever I stay at the Residence Inn in Saratoga Springs, NY, I know it will be a good one. The location is close to town and the major shopping district, the facility is kept impeccably clean, and it is always refreshing to take a quick dip in the large swimming pool.

Bob is the general manager and takes pride in serving his visitors. It is not unusual to see Bob cooking on the grill for an evening

dining event or socializing on monday night with his favorite sports picks. We have also entered into some geopolitical and stock topics over the years.

Bob and Leslie (sales manager) are an excellent team to handle the unique day to day problems of a hotel of that size. Anytime I have challenged them with a concern they have dispatched it swiftly and efficiently. I will stay there again and again.

chaz

Room Tip: The staff will help select the best room for every situation
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2011

we had a lot of multiple issue including no AC in the room, the hotel is really unclean and dirty, the staff was very unprofessional
i wouldn’t advise anyone going there

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family