“Another good stay”

Residence Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've visited the Residence Inn multiple times during my frequent business trips to Saratoga Springs.
The rooms are big and clean and it's very convenient to have a kitchen ... even though I must admit I didn't prepare any food except the ( complimentary ) pop corns...

The breakfast is free of charge, you can make your own pancakes ( that's the only food I'd eat as I don't really like the rest ). Four times a week there are "social events" where complimentary food is served.... nothing to write home about, but sometimes it comes handy if you don't feel going downtown for grabbing your dinner .

The location is closer to the highway exit, which means you have to drive to go downtown ( or anywhere else ).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This Residence Inn seems newer and is nice. It looks to be right alongside the main road right off the highway, but is actually on a parallel side street. When I stayed there was a ferocious amount of construction on the main road, and it took almost half an hour to get from the exit ramp to the hotel, even though I was in front of the hotel most of the time. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but it was a tough way to start. Plus, the construction started at 3 AM and I faced the highway so it was noisy... a temporary situation I know, but it made sleeping difficult

My suite was nice, and it was clean and quite comfortable. I was visiting Skidmore, which was just minutes away and the location was perfect for that. The rate was good. I missed the evening reception and thought that the breakfast was fair enough, especially for the rate I paid. I would stay again. Safe and clean.

Room Tip: Away from the main road and highway is surely quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Having stayed here multiple times, this Residence Inn makes others pale by comparison. The staff is friendly, attentive, and goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and valued. The general manager's office is always open, and he takes an active interest in each guest. The breakfasts and evening socials are presented nicely and offer a wide variety of options. The hotel is conveniently located to downtown and the Northway. The hotel is currently undergoing complete room renovations which will only add to its appeal..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Rooms are large and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Centrally located from older downtown area and more modern areas. Full kitchen and large bath with tub. I would definitely stay here again. Book early if planning to stay in July or August because of horse racing season.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I, on most occasions, travel with my 100 lb Doberman and my spouse. We all loved this hotel. The room was spacious enough for all of us, and accompanied the dog bed. We have to think about space for him and some times it is an issue. Not here, he had lots of room, the dog walk area, while smaller was good, and being good pet owners,we can walk him most everywhere with the plastic bags. The grounds were lovely, location good for our trip to Lake George and the Balloon Festival. NOTE: Dogs not allowed in to Festival area. We found a great spot across the street.

Room Tip: The Pet Rooms were together so no real choices. They were the same.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a good location with close proximity to downtown Saratoga Springs but be aware of the layout, especially if you've stayed at other Residence Inns. A two bedroom suite at this hotel chain is our usual preference when we travel with another couple so here was no exception. However, when we walked into the suite we found one bedroom with bathroom and closet (standard layout) but the second bedroom had no bathroom (it was across a small hallway) and no closet. It was a very small room consisting of a bed, two bedside tables and one small dresser with just about enough room to walk around--not even space to put luggage. The bathroom situation was not a problem but, apparently, whoever stays in this small room has to walk through the other bedroom to get to the only closet in the entire suite. When we called the front desk, they explained that this layout was necessary because it was an adjoining suite. Fortunately, the hotel was not that full so they were able to find us in a regular suite that was not adjoining (rates were the same for both) which gave us a more traditional layout with two bedrooms having their own bathroom and closet. Overall, the staff was very accommodating and the facilities were okay. Breakfast was okay but nothing special. Also, there was a conveyor type toaster that was permanently on during breakfast with a high pitched squeal. When I commented to one of the staff they said "yes it really annoys us too". I'm not sure how much it costs to repair or replace such a toaster but it seems Marriott should be able to find some pennies in their bank to do something about it!

Room Tip: If booking a two bedroom suite, ask for a suite that does not have an adjoining door.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Saratoga Springs is a great place to visit! My family and I stayed at the Residence Inn and enjoyed the location right off the highway and the indoor pool was a hit with the kids. The room was decent but the location was the best. Plenty of great restaurants in the area and wonderful shops to visit. Will definitely stay here again since the hotel is spacious and provides the comforts of home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family