“An Experience of Fine Food & Wine”

Thirsty Owl Outlet and Wine Garden
More attraction details
Owner description: Thirsty Owl wine Company is now presenting its award-winning, world-class wines to the capital region. Our brand new tasting room, gift shop, and Bistro are located in the heart of Saratoga springs, on the corner of South Broadway and Lincoln Avenue.
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An Experience of Fine Food & Wine”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My parents discovered this gem one day when The Gideon Putnam was too busy to serve them lunch. They have dined here several times since (always as a first choice!) we went to celebrate multiple birthdays and a late Father's Day so this was a very special occasion for all of us.

We dined on the lovely porch. It did get quite warm out there, but our delightful server, Lindsey, did warn us about that. We each ordered small plates for appetizers and shared them. This was actually a lot of food, so I recommend sharing 2 appetizers among 4 people so you can save room to enjoy the main courses. Particularly outstanding was the pork belly.

Lindsey was extremely helpful by providing details about the menu choices and a wine recommendation. She also suggested we move inside to better enjoy our desserts and our gift exchange. We got to meet the sous chef who was actually in charge that evening. So young and so talented in the kitchen!

Our desserts were divine. All in all we spent three hours enjoying ourselves at this remarkable establishment. I wish we lived in the area because I would likely go there once a week! We will make The Thirsty Owl a stop every time we visit Troy! It's a hop skip and jump up the Northway.

Don't miss it! I have never particularly cared for NY State wines....but these folks know how to produce award winning wines!! The tasting room is a place I would like to hang out and try all of their wines. Next visit for sure.

Thank you, Lindsey, for being so wonderful to us! You made the evening very special indeed.

3 Thank EAPAustin

Malta, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“It was Owl-mazing !!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for dinner on a rainy evening so the porch wasn't an option but it looked lovely! My husband ordered an entree (veal short ribs) and I did a beet salad and tapas dish (diver scallops). Both of our dinners were terrific. The waiter was very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. I had the most delectable dessert I have ever tasted - EVER. If you like blueberries, the streusel with ice cream is unforgettable. Will definitely return with friends who enjoy trying wines... Experience was "owlsome" :)

1 Thank Colleen G
Romulus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Relaxing”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great wine tasting and beautiful environment. Outdoor seating for meals and relaxing with a nice glass of wine. Waitstaff and tasting staff were excellent and friendly !!!!! Highly recommend!!!!

3 Thank Elizabeth B
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Special meal for a special occasion”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had come to Saratoga from the UK especially to see the Dave Matthew's Band and our son (who we only get to see once a year) who lives in Texas joined us.

We found this place from a recommendation from the Concierge at the Gideon Putnam hotel (Richard) - the hotel we were staying at.

On arrival we were warmly greeted and allowed to pick our own table on the veranda which was already quite busy at 6.30 pm on a Monday evening.

Our server (Katrina) was very attentive and we were soon enjoying a beautiful glass of wine having been given a concise walk through of their wines. We had 3 different main course - Surf and Turf, Lamb and the Risotto. We were all envious of each others meals as they look and tasted wonderful.

2 of our part had the raspberry shortcake dessert but my husband prefers the cheese board which appears in the US as a starter. my husband preference was easily accommodated, this alone is easily an awarding winning platter.

Our final bill was approx 200 dollars including wine and other drinks - well priced for the quality and the occasion.

We would recommend this restaurant and plan to eat there again when we return to Saratoga next year.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank gerry g
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have to go!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Best overall wine experience. I have been to many wine tasting venues. This one is top notch. I enjoyed many if their varieties and the menu was superb! The gentleman who helped us was a doll! We hated that we had to leave. Can't wait to come back, the Meritage is a must!

Visited February 2014