“Phenomenal Experience”

Pavilion Grand Hotel
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Like a previous poster, I do not often write reviews and in fact this is my first time taking the time to write a review of a hotel. But after my wonderful stay at the Pavilion Grand it would have been a disservice to not share my experience. I stayed with friends over Memorial Day weekend, and from the time the valet took our bags from the trunk to when we begrudgingly had to leave the room to checkout, our experience was sublime. The facility is brand new and clearly no expense was sparred. The decor, layout and procedures of the lobby and its staff teemed with modernization and refreshingly encompassed what you would expect of an "efficiency" boutique hotel. Within minutes of arriving we were checked in and being shown to our stunning penthouse suite, despite me stopping to ask the valet how they could possibly fit more than a handful of cars on site (he informed me that the parking area was being fitted with lifts similar to those used in parking facilities in NYC). The suite was larger than we could have ever imagined and somehow even nicer then we were described. The living and dining area were centered around a fully equipped kitchen with plenty of space to function in each of the rooms, which we got to put to the test when more friends staying in the area came over to watch the Ranger game. With a room so nice and the wait for seating at a restaurant so long, we were privileged to be able to take out from any of nearby fantastic dining options and eat in the comfort of our room. When we had arrived we thought the kitchen equipment would get little use, but turned out to be invaluable by allowing us to accommodate our takeout meal needs and prepare leftovers and snacks with ease. The dining room table fit everyone comfortably, but if we ever wanted to accompany a meal with a change of scenery the kitchen island or any of the room's FOUR balconies were capable substitutes. Each balcony out did the previous and were furnished comfortably. We lucked out with great weather and were able to take full advantage of the rooms outdoor area. A second floor wet bar allowed us to spend time out on the largest balcony seamlessly, without having to make trips downstairs to the kitchen. The living arrangement were beyond comfortable. I was fortunate enough to share the master bed room with my girlfriend which offered a spacious bathroom, walk-in closet and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. As a bigger person I usually have in issue with being enveloped in hotel beds, which has lead to next day back aches and pains as well as a miserable drive home, but my bed at the Pavilion Grand was pleasantly soft while still being supportively firm. The bed was large enough to sleep myself and my bed-hog girlfriend comfortably through the night without us ever having to fight for space, a feat almost award worthy. Our friends slept in an upstairs bedroom and on the pullout sofa in the living room and none had any complaints. The hotel lobby is shared by All Good Thing, which features a juice bar that offers fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies as well as spa services. We did not have time for a spa service this trip but eagerly await one on our next visit. I did make a few trips to the juice bar, the juices were delicious and helped ease my mind about what I ate and drank the night before.

Overall our stay was heavenly. I will never stay at another Saratoga hotel, and may never be able to look at another hotel the same way again. The Pavilion Grand Hotel makes excellent use of its superb location and was designed with the guest and area in mind, making it the top choice to stay in the Saratoga area. If you do stay at the Pavilion Grand be careful of how many things you plan to do, though Saratoga has a lot to offer I promise you will have a difficult time leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Steve R
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed every aspect of your visit to Pavilion Grand and Saratoga Springs! The experience is so unique and we can't wait to have you visit again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Don't get me wrong, Pavilion Grand is a beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities and cheerful staff. However, it's 12:15am in my room right now and the noise level according to this app on my phone is 70+ decibels due only and entirely to a loud and terrible band playing at one of the nearby bars that's equal parts Spiral Tap wannabe and Bar Mitzvah rejects. The better hotels in NYC learned their lesson and installed sound-muffling windows to drown out the street noise of the city, but Pavilion Grand definitely did not.

Hence, I'm awake when I really want some sleep, but the Saratoga noise ordinance doesn't kick in on Saturdays until 1:00am. If things don't get better then, I'll follow up this review with how the Pavilion Grand folks did on helping to resolve the situation through legal means.

2  Thank Derick E
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I am sorry your experience was less than perfect. We strive for a 5 star on every review and hope you will visit again so that we can earn back your vote of confidence. We did report unusual noise based on your comments. The property has upgraded windows with double pane glass and we have used vinyl frames, all of which specifically contribute to outside noise reduction. The quietness is actually noted in many earlier reviews and guest comments, but it appears the circumstances of this night were out of our control. We will look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit to Pavilion Grand.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I just spent three nights at the Pavilion Grand Hotel in Saratoga Springs. I dont often write reviews but I was so impressed with this place that I want to share my experiance. Everything about this place is beyond top notch. There are so many WOW factors that I dont know where to begin. I will start by saying the location is great. Everything Saratoga has to offer is within walking distance. Lots of great restaurants and bars nearby. The restaurant in the building was not open yet but i was able to see it and I cant wait to come back and try it.
The decor at this place is super cool and you know when you walk in the lobby that you are in for a great experience. The staff are eager to please and it is apparent that they are happy to be a part of this hotel and they were genuinely excited about what this hotel has to offer.
I stayed in one of the studio suites. It was huge! More like an upscale appartment than a hotel. Really, it is hard to describe how much it is Not like any hotel that I have ever seen. My suite had a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator, a dishwasher and was fully stocked with glassware, dishes and utensils. The high cielings and the decor have a calming relaxing affect. The bathroom was like a luxury spa with plush robes hanging in the closet. The king size was so comfortable I slept like a baby. The unit also came with a washer and dryer so I went home with a suitcase full of clean cloths.
I was in town for a work convention but I am already planning on coming back with my wife for a weekend get away. I will certainly earn a earn a lot of points and she will probably nominate me for husband of the year.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank nascms
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

We will certainly look forward to your next visit and do hope husband of the year is in order! Thank you for the wonderful comments. We took great care to select our amenities with the guest experience in mind and are so happy you enjoyed them. Please do call soon for your next visit... the summer is booking quickly!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised when we checked into our 2BR Suite, well furnished, fairly large, kept very clean, friendly staff, good heating & air conditioning, double glazed shuttered windows to keep what ever little traffic on Lake Avenue to almost nil, reasonably charged full day valet service, fully equipped kitchen, washer & drier, great coffee & tea, free WiFi 1.5 Mbps Internet service, comfy beds, on Lake Avenue just off the Broadway, 3 minutes walk to Saratoga Springs Post Office, 5 minutes walk to "Price Choppers" & Cinema, 8-10 minutes walk to Congress Park, 3-4 minutes walk to "Kairali" Indian restaurant and several other restaurants around and on a Broadway, 3 miles drive to Saratoga Spa State Park. Ideal business cum pleasure hotel in Saratoga! 5 days have passed very well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2nd floor corner 2BR Suite.
3  Thank RBManjeshwar

Thank you for such a glowing review! The suites are well suited for a longer stay and the location certainly gives you walking access to virtually all of Saratoga Springs. Each of our suites is slightly unique, so you can experience a new style on your next visit! We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the Pavilion for our wedding weekend over Memorial Day. The staff were incredibly accommodating from our early planning discussions, to a personal property tour, to check in. We were treated incredibly well, and even upgraded to a penthouse room! The hotel itself is modern but warm--We loved the Saratoga photos all over the property. The juice bar and spa are also nice additions to the property. Overall, this hotel was a wonderful addition to our wedding weekend and the property, staff, and service were top notch. Will definitely return for an anniversary trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca T

It was a thrill for us to be a part of your wedding weekend and we will look forward to many anniversary celebrations to come. Thank you for sharing your experiences and enjoy the honeymoon! We wish you much happiness in your new lives together!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently spent a long weekend at The Pavilion Grand Hotel with some friends. Upon entering the two story Penthouse suit I was instantly blown away. This hotel is absolutely spectacular. We spent a lot of time enjoying the weather on the rooftop garden and terraces that were part of our suit. The hotel was immaculate, I am a real clean freak and the cleanliness put me to shame. Having a full kitchen was a huge help, and allowed us to prepare meals for our selves. The beds were incredibly comfortable and there was more closet space that I knew what to do with as well as a washer and dryer, The hotel is situated a few blocks back from Broadway, which removed us from some of the noise, but it was also close enough for us to walk around town.
We also spent some time at All Good Things- the juice bar and day spa located down stairs. This is a great asset to the hotel environment.

All in all, I don't plan to stay at any other hotel in the area from this point forward. This hotel will be my top choice every time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Travelgnome527
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Saratoga Springs and even more so that you will choose Pavilion Grand for your future visits! We think the location is perfect as well for guests to really enjoy all that Saratoga has to offer. Our suites were designed to offer a blend of convenience for living and space, yet in a location that can offer you the all the amenities of a first class destination setting. We will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had the privilege of being the first guests of this brand new hotel in Saratoga Springs. Our daughter and now son-in-law chose it to be the hotel in which they would prepare for their wedding day. We had been in constant contact with the hotel manager, Susanne who did a wonderful job with the preparations to make our stay seamless. We were fortunate enough to book a couple of penthouse suites which we were so glad we did. The girls were able to get ready in one suite with plenty of room to spare. Our daughter had 6 bridesmaids along with the make up, hair stylists, and photographers yet we never felt cramped or squeezed in. There is beautiful light and windows which open to private and shared patios. Each unit has their own well appointed kitchens with all the necessities you may need. The penthouses each have 2 bedrooms along with access to the roof top deck. They are very tastefully decorated. The pictures that were taken at the hotel are gorgeous. The beds themselves were very comfortable. The bathrooms are generously sized. The staff went beyond what was expected and made us all feel very special. From check-in, valet and other services they were there to please. The rooms were immaculate. Many of our wedding guests also stayed at the hotel. Everyone of them raved about the experience of staying here. Each of the guest rooms has a unique feel. Each floor has a different color scheme and beautiful artwork from the historic Saratoga. The hotel does have parking for it's guests and is within easy walking distance to the main street of Saratoga. There are many restaurants and bars very near. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant was not ready for us yet, but the hotel still managed to serve us a wonderful buffet breakfast for the morning after the wedding for any guests that came in from out of town. The food was fresh and delicious. We can not wait to go back to Saratoga and try the restaurant ourselves. It is called Mingle and should be open very soon. There is also a day spa, gym and delicious juice bar with a very friendly staff. We will definitely be returning to this amazing hotel. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are amazing - very large and bright!
2  Thank TravelingTracy
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Weddings are such an exciting time and we are just thrilled that your weekend was more than what you expected! We always strive for exceptional guest service and experience and I am so pleased that we achieved that for you, your family and the wedding guests. Most importantly we are thrilled that the Bride and Groom chose Pavilion Grand to start off their new life together and that we were able to be a part of making that experience memorable. Can't wait for the anniversary celebrations next year and thank you for taking the time to share such kind comments!