“Very Happy Guest”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
East Greenbush, New York
“Very Happy Guest”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Absolutely the best hotel that I have ever stayed at! The Pavilion Grand has everything - even the kitchen sink! My suite included a full beautfiul kitchen, spacious rooms, washer/dryer and location to locals bars and restaurants. This hotel really surpassed my expectations. Now I know why the hotel is not just Pavilion, but Pavilion GRAND! Looking forward to my next stay!

1 Thank Alison W
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thanks for a great review! So happy you enjoyed your visit and we will look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at Pavilion Grand twice so far and it is simply amazing. I first stayed in one of the one bedroom suites and I was completely overwhelmed with what this hotel has to offer. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the location could not be more ideal. I love that the kitchens are fully stocked, rooms are large, furniture and decor is beautiful, beds are comfortable and the terraces are a great addition to the room. I very recently stayed in one of the penthouse suites and I could not believe it when I opened the door. If you are looking for a real treat for yourself, enjoy a night in one of these. The two bedroom suite had two floors, two and a half bathrooms, a balcony off of the living room and very spacious private rooftop terrace overlooking Saratoga. Trust me, I did not want to leave. I stopped and grabbed a yummy smoothie from All Good Things on my way out, very delicious! Can't wait to go back.

2 Thank Dana W
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We certainly hope you will visit again soon! The Penthouse Loft Suites are some of the most unique in the region and we are very proud of how they turned out. The rooftop gardens are coming in beautifully and bring Saratoga Springs up to you. Check back with us for some exciting packages we are putting together for the winter!
Cohoes, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Saratoga has become my new go-to getaway, and let me tell you the new Pavilion Grand Hotel was by far one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed in. We booked a penthouse sweet, and from the minute we walked in, I had nothing but a smile on my face. Beautiful finishes, spacious rooms, and the rooftop terrace overlooking the street is a must see! It is in a perfect location, two seconds from Broadway, a short drive to the track, and nestled adjacent to Caroline St. They also have a brand new spa, juice bar, restaurant and lounge, and amazing accommodations! You could not want anything more! I was highly impressed and cannot wait for my next visit during track season.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites with a rooftop terrace are a must have!
1 Thank Julia T
Thank you for the beautiful review and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Pavilion Grand Hotel! We too love our location and convenience and are continuing to find new ways to make the guest experience even better.
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Pavilion was the best hotel experience i have ever had with a hotel. The room was gorgeous and comfortable and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful especially the cleaning crew who cleaned up my shameful mess impeccably yet didn't discard anything that i still needed. Saratoga is also an awesome town and this hotel is a 1 minute walk from some of the best barsI've ever been to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank W S
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We love our location too and are very proud of the accommodations and housekeeping staff! So convenient to anything in Saratoga Springs. Please come visit again soon... there is so much to do and so many little changes still taking place as we continue to improve all elements of our guest experience and service.
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were privileged to be among the first guests of this hotel. It opened due to demand for wedding accommodations. It was the most wonderful experience! Surprised at the well appointed FULL kitchen, including a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes and stemware when we first walked into our room....we then went on to discover the huge room. There was a dining area, a pull out sofa and a 55" flat screen TV you could angle for viewing. In a closet, there was a complimentary washer/dryer! The staff was very friendly. The valet parking was very convenient, or you can walk into town if you choose. Did we mention the huge terry spa robes that are waiting for you in the closet? They were so comfy we purchased one for home! If you are looking for a great hotel in Saratoga, look no further - - this is it!

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room, let the staff know when you check in. If you want a balcony with a view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol C
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us! There are so many different things to do in each season that we hope you will come and visit again soon. We will look forward to welcoming you again for Pavilion Grand and Saratoga Springs.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Like a previous poster, I do not often write reviews and in fact this is my first time taking the time to write a review of a hotel. But after my wonderful stay at the Pavilion Grand it would have been a disservice to not share my experience. I stayed with friends over Memorial Day weekend, and from the time the valet took our bags from the trunk to when we begrudgingly had to leave the room to checkout, our experience was sublime. The facility is brand new and clearly no expense was sparred. The decor, layout and procedures of the lobby and its staff teemed with modernization and refreshingly encompassed what you would expect of an "efficiency" boutique hotel. Within minutes of arriving we were checked in and being shown to our stunning penthouse suite, despite me stopping to ask the valet how they could possibly fit more than a handful of cars on site (he informed me that the parking area was being fitted with lifts similar to those used in parking facilities in NYC). The suite was larger than we could have ever imagined and somehow even nicer then we were described. The living and dining area were centered around a fully equipped kitchen with plenty of space to function in each of the rooms, which we got to put to the test when more friends staying in the area came over to watch the Ranger game. With a room so nice and the wait for seating at a restaurant so long, we were privileged to be able to take out from any of nearby fantastic dining options and eat in the comfort of our room. When we had arrived we thought the kitchen equipment would get little use, but turned out to be invaluable by allowing us to accommodate our takeout meal needs and prepare leftovers and snacks with ease. The dining room table fit everyone comfortably, but if we ever wanted to accompany a meal with a change of scenery the kitchen island or any of the room's FOUR balconies were capable substitutes. Each balcony out did the previous and were furnished comfortably. We lucked out with great weather and were able to take full advantage of the rooms outdoor area. A second floor wet bar allowed us to spend time out on the largest balcony seamlessly, without having to make trips downstairs to the kitchen. The living arrangement were beyond comfortable. I was fortunate enough to share the master bed room with my girlfriend which offered a spacious bathroom, walk-in closet and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. As a bigger person I usually have in issue with being enveloped in hotel beds, which has lead to next day back aches and pains as well as a miserable drive home, but my bed at the Pavilion Grand was pleasantly soft while still being supportively firm. The bed was large enough to sleep myself and my bed-hog girlfriend comfortably through the night without us ever having to fight for space, a feat almost award worthy. Our friends slept in an upstairs bedroom and on the pullout sofa in the living room and none had any complaints. The hotel lobby is shared by All Good Thing, which features a juice bar that offers fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies as well as spa services. We did not have time for a spa service this trip but eagerly await one on our next visit. I did make a few trips to the juice bar, the juices were delicious and helped ease my mind about what I ate and drank the night before.

Overall our stay was heavenly. I will never stay at another Saratoga hotel, and may never be able to look at another hotel the same way again. The Pavilion Grand Hotel makes excellent use of its superb location and was designed with the guest and area in mind, making it the top choice to stay in the Saratoga area. If you do stay at the Pavilion Grand be careful of how many things you plan to do, though Saratoga has a lot to offer I promise you will have a difficult time leaving the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Steve R
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We are so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed every aspect of your visit to Pavilion Grand and Saratoga Springs! The experience is so unique and we can't wait to have you visit again soon.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Don't get me wrong, Pavilion Grand is a beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities and cheerful staff. However, it's 12:15am in my room right now and the noise level according to this app on my phone is 70+ decibels due only and entirely to a loud and terrible band playing at one of the nearby bars that's equal parts Spiral Tap wannabe and Bar Mitzvah rejects. The better hotels in NYC learned their lesson and installed sound-muffling windows to drown out the street noise of the city, but Pavilion Grand definitely did not.

Hence, I'm awake when I really want some sleep, but the Saratoga noise ordinance doesn't kick in on Saturdays until 1:00am. If things don't get better then, I'll follow up this review with how the Pavilion Grand folks did on helping to resolve the situation through legal means.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Derick E
Pavilion-Grand-Mgmt, General Manager at Pavilion Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am sorry your experience was less than perfect. We strive for a 5 star on every review and hope you will visit again so that we can earn back your vote of confidence. We did report unusual noise based on your comments. The property has upgraded windows with double pane glass and we have used vinyl frames, all of which specifically contribute to outside noise reduction. The quietness is actually noted in many earlier reviews and guest comments, but it appears the circumstances of this night were out of our control. We will look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit to Pavilion Grand.