“Oh, soooo many flavors to choose from.”
Review of The Ice Cream Man

The Ice Cream Man
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Saratoga Springs
Clifton Park, NY
“Oh, soooo many flavors to choose from.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Their ice cream is very, very good. We’ve never made it to the original location in Greenwich which is still in business, but have always wanted to try it. So it’s nice to be able to have this option on a route that we travel more routinely. Fortunately, there was not a line behind me as I tried to make up my mind which flavors I wanted to try on our first visit. If my wife chose a flavor that I was interested in then I’d better have a backup plan for another flavor. Surely she would give me a taste of that flavor, wouldn’t she??

She settled on two scoops in a dish ($3.75?), one was Coffee Almond and the other was Alchemist Ginger (ok, I’ll need one of my backups). The coffee almond was the last serving available and its replacement was Coffee Brandy. That almost got her to switch her coffee flavor order, but she didn’t want to hold up service. I thought the coffee flavor was not as strong and dominant as what we can get at Mac’s in Watervliet, but The Ice Cream Man does know how to make really creamy ice cream. The Ginger was exceptionally good. It had a nice strong flavor with pieces of crystallized ginger.

I chose Creamy Cashew and Root Beer for my two scoops. A lot of the flavors at The Ice Cream Man start with vanilla and then get a swirl of this or that or a blend of something else like my cashews. Fortunately, they make a very good vanilla. The cashew flavor was faint until you got to one of the nuts. The root beer flavor on the other hand, was dominant in every single spoonful. It was like having a root beer float without the liquid or carbination.

A variety of malts and shakes are also available with some very unique sounding concoctions that are bound to draw us back.

• Visited June 2014